Columnist: Thomas should be more open to discussing political views

Feb 8, 2012, 6:21 PM EST

Tim Thomas AP

CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty has responded to Tim Thomas‘ latest political Facebook posting where the Bruins goalie said he stands with Catholics in the fight for religious freedom.

In the piece, Haggerty asks a pointed — and relevant — question about Thomas making these public political statements: If he’s going to keep making them, should he be more open to addressing them?

From Comcast Sports Network New England:

If he’s continuing to post such material on his Facebook page, then it appears as though he should be a little more open — a little more willing — to discuss these topics when asked to address them off the ice.

In the land of the free and the home of the brave Thomas is welcome to speak about whatever he wants through whichever lens he chooses. That’s the American way and everyone should be 100 percent behind that.

But it’s also fairly disingenuous to act surprised — or annoyed — when these same subjects keep coming up in locker room conversations before and after hockey games.

It’s a legitimate line of questioning. While in Ottawa for the All-Star Game, Thomas made it very clear all he wanted to talk about was hockey and hockey alone — when one reporter asked Thomas if he was surprised the White House snub took on a life of its own, the goalie responded with a terse “no comment.”

That’s sort of been the theme ever since. “Here to talk about hockey,” and “No need to further discuss something stated so clearly,” and “I just want to focus on the game” have been the standard-issue platitudes — Haggerty notes Thomas has even taken to cutting interviews short when the subject matter strays from hockey.

If that’s the case, there’s a good chance he’ll be cutting even more interviews in the not-too-distant future. While Thomas might not want to provide the answers, it seems reporters still have plenty of questions left to ask.

1. elvispocomo - Feb 8, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Someone had it right in the comments on his FB page, I think that mustache has grown inwards to his brain as well as out on his face.

2. cableguymike - Feb 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Thomas isn’t interested in dialogue. He’d rather preach. That tends to be the case when people take an opinion but can’t back it up. The fact he thinks he should be able to spout rhetoric but not have to answer for it shows his arrogance.

• crazemastercraze - Feb 8, 2012 at 8:11 PM

typical republican move: preach with no chance of retort. I think he wants to be the next tim tebow. just name drop jesus a few thousand times and watch his popularity with the mind slaves sky rocket!

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Republican, Democrat, black, blue, purple.

He’s sticking to the Constitution of the United States. He’s sticking to person’s Freedom to chose. He’s speaking as an American

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:14 AM

His arrogance?….Lol. You’ve gotta be kidding me. He cares about his country, my god. It’s not about Catholics, it’s about the freedom of choice, everyone’s choice, the American way, do you remember?

I hope this guy runs for politics when his hockey career is over. He can “preach” and “spout rhetoric” his way to a better country.

Let me ask you a question. Do you expect Thomas to have a “dialogue” with the reporters? I know, he know’s, everyone should know that the reporters have no interest in WHAT he said, they are only interested in a quick sound bite. Where does Haggerty think he should open up? The locker room? The parking lot? With who, the reporters? Give him someone worth talking to.

By the looks of things, Thomas is just getting started, and I’m loving it. He made zero political statements before 2012 and has made 2 in the months since. Keep telling the truth Tim. Freedom of choice, Freedom of speech. Civil rights and liberties, the list could go on and on….hopefully he and others will speak up about what they know.

3. Geoff Nichols - Feb 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM

The rules of social media apply to a superstar goaltender just like they apply to everyone else. This is just like the person who posts photos that damage their chance at a future job or ruin their relationship. If you don’t want something you did in the past to bother you in the future, don’t put it on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

4. mrskunitzdrippinlips - Feb 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

this guy should be ashamed of himself. hes a dooshbag and should be deported to canada

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 8, 2012 at 7:26 PM

We don’t want him.

• trbowman - Feb 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Mad

• danphipps01 - Feb 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Man, one look at our communist health care system and he’d kill himse- ohhhhh.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 9, 2012 at 3:17 AM

It’s shocking those death panels haven’t gotten to us yet, eh?

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I think anyone reading your comment knows who should be ashamed of themselves.

5. 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 8, 2012 at 7:15 PM

He should just keep his mouth shut and play hockey. That’s what he’s being paid to do. That’s the only reason anyone pays any attention when he does open his mouth. If he wants to pursue some kind of career at Fox News after he retires then good for him, but nobody wants to hear his political views while he’s employed by the Bruins.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Joseph Goebbels would have loved you.

So, while a person is employed they should “keep their mouths shut”? Since he’s a goaltender in the NHL, he shouldn’t have an opinion or speak up when he feels something is wrong? Muzzle him, he’s just a big mouth, right?

So who’s left to speak? The politicians, Bill O’Reilly? Who exactly is going to speak out?

It should be you! And me, and Tim and anyone else with a voice. We have to stop vilifying anyone who speaks up about the wrongs in our lives.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 9, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Unless he’s actually willing to open up a dialogue about the issues he’s raising, then yes, he should keep his mouth shut and just play hockey. As somebody noted above, by making statements but refusing to talk about them he is just spewing rhetoric and making a sideshow out of himself.

I’m not sure what propaganda has to do with any of this, but I’m sure you’re familiar with Godwin’s Law. Besides, politics and hockey are a terrible mix. Please find another board for your rants.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Haha.

The day I let a small minded person like you dictate where I post whatever the hell I want to post will the day the Leafs win the cup.

Tell me, where do you propose Tim should “open up a dialogue”? You seem to know what Tim Thomas should do so please explain what TV show he should go on? Or perhaps he should speak to Civil Rights and US historian Joe Haggerty. That should do it.

You spend a lot of time spouting your own rhetoric, unfortunately it’s very misguided and damaging.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 9, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I’m smal minded? You’re the one who invoked the Nazis. This discussion is over.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You didn’t read his actual message did you?…lol.

90% of his post was based on Nazi Germany, duh!

“This discussion is over”…lol. Whatever. You got nothing.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 10, 2012 at 2:29 AM

That doesn’t justify the Goebbels comment. Quit embarrassing yourself.

• timthomashero - Feb 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Is Thomas embarrassing himself too?

6. east96st - Feb 8, 2012 at 7:17 PM

When you’re rattling off quotes from your favorite “entertainer” – it’s ridiculous to call them news anchors anymore – and you haven’t researched and truly understood the issue, you don’t want to be questioned because you come across as ignorant and uninformed. I grew up in an extremely strict Catholic household. Latin was only “true” mass, confession every week, church every Sunday and every Holy Day of Obligation, etc. What I noticed as I visited and prayed at many different churches was how many children each family had in the poor neighborhoods and how the priests there told us that birth control was a sin. And how damn small the families were in the rich neighborhoods and the priests never said a word. I learned early on that the Church was more than happy to turn a blind eye to you having only one or two children as long as you filled the offering basket. Then, and only then, you weren’t a “sinner”, you just had outstanding “control” over your “base urges”. Sadly, not nearly enough has changed since Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Church door. Money still makes the sin go away.What’s really hysterical to me is how the “we only show up for Easter/Christmas” crowd get all worked up. They are Catholics in name only. Unless you walk the walk, for the love of God, don’t talk the talk.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Hard to argue with a lot of what you’re saying. It’s your life experience and belongs to no one else. I commend you for sharing your life.

Having said that, from what I can tell, Tim Thomas is only interested in Freedom of choice, for anyone. Good on him.

That gives you, me and everyone else the chance to exercise our god given free will.

• elvispocomo - Feb 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Let me put this in phrasing you’ll understand:

It’s the soldiers fighting in the world wars, in Vietnam, in Korea, in Afghanastan and Iraq that give Americans (and similarly in other countries) the chance to exercise their free will. What you choose to do with it from there either further validates the purpose for lives lost in that fight, or demeans their efforts.

Plenty of people don’t say anything because they don’t have anything impactful to say, and there are a few speaking out and making a difference. What Thomas is doing is putting out a generic statement that inflames people with the opposite (and no less valid) view – but then he doesn’t stand behind it and support his own convictions.

There have been plenty of people in history to spout rhetoric and even more that will blindly parrot the nonsense they hear, but very view willing to actually support their words with further action, particularly any meaningful action that affects change.

Guess which category TT falls in right about now.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Phrasing I’ll understand???….lol. Thanks for dumbing it down Einstein.

I’ll put this in phrasing you’ll understand.

Your soldiers, my soldiers, are fighting a war for money, power, oil and for companies owned by people like Dick Cheney (Halliburton) etc.. to profit from.

Wake up.

If Thomas’s statements are so generic, then why all the noise? It’s the fact that he’s speaking the truth that has everyone with their panties in a bunch.

The fact is Mr. Smart Guy, when people like Thomas or anyone else speak their mind about the state of their government and they get bashed by small minded people like you, that is what demeans the soldiers efforts you speak of.

• elvispocomo - Feb 9, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I don’t need to explain myself and I’ve said all I need to on the subject already – I don’t need to talk to sports report… sorry, people on the internet about subjects they won’t understand. I’m here to talk about hockey, not my personal beliefs.

Interesting how that works both ways, isn’t it?

I am glad you brought up some sort of specific issue, however. Cheney, the war in Iraq, the battle for power and money versus anything of real worth on a global scale is something I have no idea if Thomas has an issue with. Perhaps that’s just an issue you’re passionate about (it doesn’t change the fact people are there fighting), but it seems like you’re suggesting that’s one the issues he’d take a stand for. If so, then why haven’t I seen a FB post from him yet on the greed or the corporations and 1%? If not then what does he take issue with?

For all I know he might be speaking about the war in Iraq, health coverage for everyone, national debt, environmental causes, first amendment rights, etc. It could be many or one of those things or something else entirely.

That’s what I have issue with, not the fact that he’s chosen to start speaking, but that he’s only posted generalities but then backed down when it came time to actually explain himself. If he wants to take a stand, there’s no better time than right now to start since he’s already opened the door. If he doesn’t want to have to answer for his comments, then he should be more careful who he shares them with.

When he’s willing to actually make comments that actually have teeth, I’ll support his right to do so, whether or not I agree with what he says. Until then, I’ll question the reason for his comments, which I have every right to do as well.

7. trbowman - Feb 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Lol.

Long live Tim Thomas!

8. crazemastercraze - Feb 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Religious freedom? Tim, i don’t know if you’ve noticed, but christians have a BIG TIME history of constantly trying to push their views on people as the absolute(guess you don’t remember the Spanish inquisition). If the women accepting help from charities don’t want the birth control thats there, than i think they are adult enough to just say NO! but no, you have to have your way or the highway!

there’s already too many people on this planet as it is, and until i start seeing catholics adopting in mass, you should just shut up about people who don’t share your pre-dark ages way of thinking. there is no proof that their is a christian god running the universe, never has been other than a book that was written when people were even dumber than they are now and is total hearsay.

get out of the jesus christ pose, play hockey and earn your astronomical pay check for something that barely contributes to the advancement of the human race!

9. vshehane - Feb 8, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Typical liberals blah,blah,blah.

• 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Feb 9, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I bet you can’t define liberal without using the word ‘communist’ or ‘socialist.’

10. vincentbojackson - Feb 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Went to a political rally the other day and a hockey game broke out.

Stay in your lane Thomas. We watch hockey to be entertained not be preached to by a guy that thinks he has everything figured out.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM

When did you see Thomas stop a game in progress to make a speech about his personal beliefs?

Could you please tell me how his personal opinions have affected your ability to sit and enjoy a Bruins game?

11. t16rich - Feb 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM

100% agree. This controversy isnt blown out of proportion if Tim Thomas makes his opinion more known instead of picking spots.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Picking spots?

Why don’t you detail how you think he should handle his new political clout.

Has Joe Haggerty invited him on his political talk show? Oh right, he doesn’t have one. So who does Joe want him to “open up” to?

All he’s done is give a personal opinion and every major network has a hate on for him…much lesser extend in Canada where the TSN panel knows better than to criticize someone for simply speaking their mind.

• t16rich - Feb 9, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Good points. Picking his spots isnt a good way to put that. I dont have an issue with Thomas having an opinion at all. My point is if he makes his opinion more known to public on more topics and more often, then when people hear things like this from him it dosnt come as a shock and create complete controversy. You’re right though, and that he dosnt exactly have invites to talk shows to make it known or anything like that. But if you start talking on facebook about religion, you are open to any criticsm that comes your way, as you are broadcasting your opinion to the public on arguably the most sensitive topic available. He’s a public figure, a pro athlete, you shouldnt be shocked at the Tim Thomas critism either. Especially after his last statement. Just like you said, he has a personal opinion but so do all his critics. Did TSN criticize him on this or are you referring to the White House inc9dent?

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM

No, TSN really hasn’t been negative towards him. At compared to the US.

And no, I’m not surprised at all about anything besides how much people want to attack someone for doing good, it’s crazy. The man is simply pointing out some truths. I would be defending ANYONE is this same position, I don’t care if it’s a hockey player or hairdresser.

I’ve never been much of TT fan unless I drafted him in my pool but after hearing him speak about this things, I can’t say how much respect I have for him. If it were Wade Boggs who said it, I’d have a Wade Boggs username.

Yeah, it’s tough when you don’t have a real outlet for your opinions besides Facebook. People can’t really expect him to continue the conversation with sports reporters who don’t have the slightest idea about what he’s trying to explain but would just rather he say something else that’s “controversial”.

He has 2 minutes to speak after a game….about the game. When he’s on his private time, I doubt he’s getting chances to go on PBS to speak to someone unbiased (if that’s possible).

How often do you think a celebrity, movie star, singer etc, would be asked on late night shows or any mainstream media shows if they wanted to talk about how bad our civil rights are or if they were calling out the government in general? Never.

Thomas probably won’t have in day in the court of public opinion without being attacked by some moron host for being unpatriotic (ironic to say the least). He’ll likely have to settle for Facebook posts until a well meaning person wants to have an open conversation with him. The day will come when he speaks publicly, this thing he has started is just the beginning of his involvement in the Freedom movement.

• elvispocomo - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:07 PM

TSN (and by extension, Canadians in general) see plenty of people in the US doing stupid things all the time, and tend to not care unless it affects us. We have people who act the same here, and we’re just as happy as the US media to call them out for being stupid, but we know how futile it is to try and correct anything that happens in America.

As Ann Coulter once put it, “They [Canada] better hope the United States doesn’t roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent.” If she (a FAR right Republican with a well documented hate for anything liberal, as I’m sure you know) wants to spout that idiocy in the US, CBC isn’t going to waste airtime on her. They don’t have enough hours in a day for that. But if she tries to bring that message north of the border, she’ll hear about it in both ears, like she did when she tried a Canadian University speaking tour in 2010.

The same goes for Thomas. If he wants to make non-specific statements and then refuse to comment on them, he can’t be too upset at answering questions in the US, particularly in a largely Democratic state. Why should it matter if it’s a sports reporter, or a political columnist (none of which have found his political leanings worth spending time on it seems)? So long as he keeps that ‘message’ – whatever it actually is, don’t give me the generic “he’s fighting for freedom” – in the US, we’ll be happy enough to let him blow hot air when he sees fit. If not, we’re happy to fight for our freedoms as well.

I am pleased you agree that Canadians know better than Americans though.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:35 PM

First off, thanks for putting words in my mouth. Can you quote where I said Canadians know better than Americans? You can’t. I said “the TSN panel knows better”, I didn’t check to see if they are all Canadians.

Man, what is it exactly that you don’t understand about his comments?

The first one about the white house is as specific as hell and if people need it spelled out further for them, they should pick up a book or start learning about what’s going on in the world.

Do you or anyone also need further clarification about the importance of free choice of religion. I could give a crap about religion, that’s not the point. The point is that we should be able to choose whatever we want. Catholic, muslim, leafs, habs, whatever.

Yes it matter if it’s a sports reporter. How do you expect anyone to delve deeper into such an important issues with some guy from Fox Sports? How do you suppose that conversation would go? Seriously, take a stab at it.

• elvispocomo - Feb 9, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I don’t need to take a stab at it, but I was really hoping Timmy would. I mean, it just makes sense that if he has a message that’s worth causing all this uproar over, you’d think he’d at least be trying to talk about it somewhere.

I’m sure there are sports reporters who are very knowledgeable on politics but prefer sports, just as I’m sure there are political reporters who follow sports very closely. By Thomas refusing to talk to anyone about it, he’s making judgments on people unfairly. He’s assuming the people asking him questions aren’t capable of understanding the depth and breadth of his profound wisdom on the subject.

For instance, with the White House snub, is Thomas saying only Democrats (or perhaps more specifically Obama since he’s president and figurehead for the US) are the problem in Washington? Does he think government in general is broken? Are there specific issues (maybe specific to Rep or Dem but perhaps for both) he think are important while others are actually ok? He’s said nothing to answer any of those questions, and his statement certainly does nothing to address them.

I could “pick up a book or start learning about what’s going on in the world” but unless you want to translate Thomas’ statement into what they mean in relation to current issues, we can only assume and compare it to the common rhetoric around Glenn Beck and Tea Party followers (of which he’s reportedly a supporter) and further right him of as having nothing of value to say.

You want to point out how celebrities aren’t invited to talk about our civil rights and other important issues in the mainstream media in defence of Thomas not saying anything, but there are plenty of prominent people who are asked about those issues in those channels, and aren’t afraid to make their own channels available for issues they feel are important. The Dixie Chicks were highly publicized for their criticisms of the Bush administration. Others like Sean Penn and Pamela Anderson are highly vocal in all forms of media for issues they support, whether it’s a talk show or a rally. Bono is all over the world supporting his causes and is frequently interviewed about it because he has something intelligent to say, not because the reporter is intelligent enough to understand and ask the right questions.

Does it scare you that I pointed out liberals who disprove your statements? It shouldn’t. It has nothing to do with left or right, only that I pointed out celebrities who aren’t afraid to have an intelligent discussion around issues and make themselves heard with more than just a single non-specific statement. That’s the point that Tim Thomas is missing. He’s not sitting around saying, “Woe is me, I only have lowly sports reporters to share these important issues with, so I’d rather use FB as the avenue for my important declarations!”

By the way, my last comment was obviously sarcastic, but now you can see how people would respond to overly generic comments they don’t agree with, particularly ones where the person who said them has no intention of backing them up with any specific examples or evidence that those claims are true.

But to digress a little, we’ve each voiced our opinions (some of us with more specifics and less platitudes than others) and unless Thomas is willing to actually speak out for a cause, perhaps he should stick to hockey.

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Pamela Anderson?

For me, this about right and wrong. I had no idea that Thomas was right, left or whatever. What he has been saying is the truth. Plain and simple.

Do you personally disagree with the simple statements he has made? Oh right, he’s just a hockey player, he should probably just shut up.

Hockey players aren’t real citizens with real concerns. I mean, he probably only pays about 2 million in taxes a year to keep quiet.

12. ikillchicken - Feb 8, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I agree completely. It’s absurd to keep making these kind of controversial and inflammatory statements and then turn around and get all pissy when this becomes a big news topic.

13. acieu - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Timmy stands for the priests right to diddle little altar boys. Way to go Timmy!!!

14. barrywhererufrom - Feb 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Once again the cluelessness of some on this post amazes me. This is not about forcing ANYONE not to use contraception. THIS IS ABOUT FORCING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH WHICH IS AGAINST THE USE OF IT TO DO SOMETHING THAT IS AGAINST THE TENANTS OF THE CHURCH. IF YOU DONT LIKE THEIR RULES LEAVE THE ORGANIZATION YOU WORK FOR. If you dont like the rules of the religion you can leave it too…Dont you get it? This is something that THEY BELIEVE IN. How ignorant are you? So you want the Church to change their rules..Obama and his health care law are trying to do that..and thankfully Tim Thomas sees this for what it is..another attempt of eroding of freedoms by this adminsitration.

• terminalcityhockey - Feb 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

> cluelessness of some on this post amazes me

> TENANTS OF THE CHURCH

> How ignorant are you?

lulz…

• timthomashero - Feb 9, 2012 at 12:42 PM

He’s not ignorant at all. You are by infinity.
      You’re the man Barry from where I am.
      People need Freedom of choice, period.

You don’t have to like what everyone else likes. But you have to be tolerant.
      What I like and you like might be totally different things, but I won’t force my beliefs on you and you shouldn’t force yours on me. Same goes for the government. Should my beliefs and your beliefs rely on what Obama and his very wealthy friends have in mind?

Whether you love or hate religion in general, religion in this case represents all our Freedoms, not just religion itself. Once the government can tell you how and what to do, you are not free. No matter how much cash you have in the bank.

Thomas’s quote is a great one from WWII about the rounding up and executing of anyone Hitler thought was “inferior”.

Then next time anyone thinks about criticizing a football, baseball, hockey or any other kind of athlete for speaking their mind, they should think first and do a little history crash course.

• elvispocomo - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:27 PM

So Barry, if you’re employer doesn’t offer the same things everyone else does and you have a legal right to, you should be forced to quit your job? I’m glad we understand your side on the issue now.

This isn’t about the Catholics as a Church, this is about the Catholics as an insurance provider for their employees – some of whom are not Catholic. The Church is well within their rights to tell people not to take contraception as a tenant of their religion, but they must make the option available as an employer who controls the health benefits of their employees.

You’re understandable worried about the freedoms of the Church, but what about the freedoms of the people? It certainly seems those freedoms are being eroded by the Church when they are forcing them on their employees. That doesn’t even delve into the argument about how many Catholics do use contraception despite their religion’s teachings, since that’s not really relevant here.

Using your reasoning, if the Catholic Church isn’t happy with the rules of the governing bodies for health insurance used by employers, they are welcome to get out of the business of providing insurance.

15. craigkeller - Feb 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM

16. barrywhererufrom - Feb 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM

The state of the US educational system and religious education is an utter failure. I say this because of when you read comments like..My question is, if the bible is true… then where did all these dinosaur bones come from? what planet are you on? Here is another one
    What happened to the separation of church and state? It seems that modern america chooses their leaders based more on their religious views than their personal competence or political agenda. It is a sad day when I am more ashamed of my country than proud of it. Please the seperation of church and state deals with NO NATIONAL CHURCH OF THE US..If you knew the history of America’s founding you would know this. Must of missed class that day or you are a victim of the left’s machine aka the US educational system. And look at our President..what Church does he belong too..Rev Wright..did you hear what racist crap that guy spews? I would agrue if we had more leaders who actually believed in their faith our country wouldnt be in the state that is in now!! On a positivie note at least their are some bright light’s in the darkness..Timthomashero!!

• elvispocomo - Feb 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM

———> whoosh
      craig -> barry

17. cprtrain - Feb 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Like all of the tea bags that I know Thomas lacks the intelligence to debate. He loves to criticize but doesn’t want anyone questioning him or making him defend himself.

The guy is an idiot.

I love it when a redneck makes a fool of himself.

He also belongs to a right wing militia.

18. barrywhererufrom - Feb 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM

cptrain..tbags..dude any time you want to debate bring it. With a comment calling someone a T-BAG shows your potential as a great intellectual. Did you hear it on MSNBC? The giant echo chamber..let me ask you this..Who had more arrests at their rallies? The Tea Party or the OWS crowd? Again you speak in platitudes..right wing militia…dude you are straight out of the Nancy Pelosi-Hillary Clinton crowd..do you wear the unisuit like Hillary..put your dress on and when you are ready to debate facts instead of acting like a 10 year old..i will respond to you. Same thing for elvis..

19. bikey1277 - Feb 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I wonder if Timmy’s wife is one of the 98% of Catholic women that are using or had used contraceptives or one of the 2% that aren’t or hadn’t ever used ANY method of birth control. Anyways, doesn’t really matter because her husband is being paid MILLIONS for being a professional athlete. Believe it or not, there are people that cannot afford to have and raise children. Yes, even Catholics. Is Timmy going to adopt some thousand or more unwanted babies? Nobody has a right to tell a woman she can’t use contraception. Not even Tim Thomas the hero.
    I won’t even mention how wrong the quote is.

More than a Stanley Cup hangover?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches