Feb 8, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
So what, if anything, can we take from this as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches?
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman might be able to shed some light on that.
“Teams that are out of it are looking more towards the future,” Bowman told ESPN.com yesterday. “If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do. Those teams are looking at the summer and going, you know what? Why are we going to trade him away?”
Does that mean we should expect a quiet deadline day?
“There’s a lot of guys looking for players and not a lot willing to part with players,” Bowman said. “I don’t know if it’s going to change a ton the next couple weeks.”
Based on the law of supply and demand, if there are lots of guys looking for players but not many players available, the price per player should be steep. We suppose it just depends how badly the buyers want to buy if it’s going to be busy on Feb. 27.
Not to mention, it’s only Feb. 8, so there’s no real urgency in the market yet. A lot can change in two weeks.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 21
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)