Feb 8, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
So what, if anything, can we take from this as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches?
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman might be able to shed some light on that.
“Teams that are out of it are looking more towards the future,” Bowman told ESPN.com yesterday. “If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do. Those teams are looking at the summer and going, you know what? Why are we going to trade him away?”
Does that mean we should expect a quiet deadline day?
“There’s a lot of guys looking for players and not a lot willing to part with players,” Bowman said. “I don’t know if it’s going to change a ton the next couple weeks.”
Based on the law of supply and demand, if there are lots of guys looking for players but not many players available, the price per player should be steep. We suppose it just depends how badly the buyers want to buy if it’s going to be busy on Feb. 27.
Not to mention, it’s only Feb. 8, so there’s no real urgency in the market yet. A lot can change in two weeks.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 3
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 18
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)