Feb 8, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
So what, if anything, can we take from this as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches?
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman might be able to shed some light on that.
“Teams that are out of it are looking more towards the future,” Bowman told ESPN.com yesterday. “If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do. Those teams are looking at the summer and going, you know what? Why are we going to trade him away?”
Does that mean we should expect a quiet deadline day?
“There’s a lot of guys looking for players and not a lot willing to part with players,” Bowman said. “I don’t know if it’s going to change a ton the next couple weeks.”
Based on the law of supply and demand, if there are lots of guys looking for players but not many players available, the price per player should be steep. We suppose it just depends how badly the buyers want to buy if it’s going to be busy on Feb. 27.
Not to mention, it’s only Feb. 8, so there’s no real urgency in the market yet. A lot can change in two weeks.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Without Shea Weber, Predators can’t contain Hawks in Game 3 8
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 19
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 5
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 13
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 84
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 70
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 167
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (167)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (84)