Feb 8, 2012, 11:59 AM EST
So what, if anything, can we take from this as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches?
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman might be able to shed some light on that.
“Teams that are out of it are looking more towards the future,” Bowman told ESPN.com yesterday. “If that’s the case, there’s nothing you can do. Those teams are looking at the summer and going, you know what? Why are we going to trade him away?”
Does that mean we should expect a quiet deadline day?
“There’s a lot of guys looking for players and not a lot willing to part with players,” Bowman said. “I don’t know if it’s going to change a ton the next couple weeks.”
Based on the law of supply and demand, if there are lots of guys looking for players but not many players available, the price per player should be steep. We suppose it just depends how badly the buyers want to buy if it’s going to be busy on Feb. 27.
Not to mention, it’s only Feb. 8, so there’s no real urgency in the market yet. A lot can change in two weeks.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 21
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 24
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 5
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 24
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 129
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (129)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (108)