Feb 7, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s nagging injury nags on.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced that Vanek will miss the Sabres’ game tomorrow night against Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Regier wouldn’t rule Vanek out of the Sabres’ games later this week at home against Dallas and Tampa Bay however.
This will be the third straight game Vanek will be out of action for with an upper body injury. Vanek was injured a week ago today on January 31 against Montreal and was expected to miss up to a week. Missing that target date will have the Sabres at a disadvantage against the powerful Bruins who Buffalo has had its issues with already this season.
Without Vanek the Sabres continue to play without their top goal scorer and second leading point scorer. While Jason Pominville has been solid all year, they’ll need Derek Roy and Drew Stafford to pick things up. Roy and Paul Gaustad have seen their offense pick up of late and they’ll need that and more against Boston tomorrow night.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 4
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12