Feb 7, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s nagging injury nags on.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced that Vanek will miss the Sabres’ game tomorrow night against Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Regier wouldn’t rule Vanek out of the Sabres’ games later this week at home against Dallas and Tampa Bay however.
This will be the third straight game Vanek will be out of action for with an upper body injury. Vanek was injured a week ago today on January 31 against Montreal and was expected to miss up to a week. Missing that target date will have the Sabres at a disadvantage against the powerful Bruins who Buffalo has had its issues with already this season.
Without Vanek the Sabres continue to play without their top goal scorer and second leading point scorer. While Jason Pominville has been solid all year, they’ll need Derek Roy and Drew Stafford to pick things up. Roy and Paul Gaustad have seen their offense pick up of late and they’ll need that and more against Boston tomorrow night.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)