Feb 7, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s nagging injury nags on.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced that Vanek will miss the Sabres’ game tomorrow night against Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Regier wouldn’t rule Vanek out of the Sabres’ games later this week at home against Dallas and Tampa Bay however.
This will be the third straight game Vanek will be out of action for with an upper body injury. Vanek was injured a week ago today on January 31 against Montreal and was expected to miss up to a week. Missing that target date will have the Sabres at a disadvantage against the powerful Bruins who Buffalo has had its issues with already this season.
Without Vanek the Sabres continue to play without their top goal scorer and second leading point scorer. While Jason Pominville has been solid all year, they’ll need Derek Roy and Drew Stafford to pick things up. Roy and Paul Gaustad have seen their offense pick up of late and they’ll need that and more against Boston tomorrow night.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63