Feb 7, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s nagging injury nags on.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced that Vanek will miss the Sabres’ game tomorrow night against Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Regier wouldn’t rule Vanek out of the Sabres’ games later this week at home against Dallas and Tampa Bay however.
This will be the third straight game Vanek will be out of action for with an upper body injury. Vanek was injured a week ago today on January 31 against Montreal and was expected to miss up to a week. Missing that target date will have the Sabres at a disadvantage against the powerful Bruins who Buffalo has had its issues with already this season.
Without Vanek the Sabres continue to play without their top goal scorer and second leading point scorer. While Jason Pominville has been solid all year, they’ll need Derek Roy and Drew Stafford to pick things up. Roy and Paul Gaustad have seen their offense pick up of late and they’ll need that and more against Boston tomorrow night.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)