Feb 7, 2012, 12:36 PM EDT
Thomas Vanek‘s nagging injury nags on.
Sabres GM Darcy Regier announced that Vanek will miss the Sabres’ game tomorrow night against Boston (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Regier wouldn’t rule Vanek out of the Sabres’ games later this week at home against Dallas and Tampa Bay however.
This will be the third straight game Vanek will be out of action for with an upper body injury. Vanek was injured a week ago today on January 31 against Montreal and was expected to miss up to a week. Missing that target date will have the Sabres at a disadvantage against the powerful Bruins who Buffalo has had its issues with already this season.
Without Vanek the Sabres continue to play without their top goal scorer and second leading point scorer. While Jason Pominville has been solid all year, they’ll need Derek Roy and Drew Stafford to pick things up. Roy and Paul Gaustad have seen their offense pick up of late and they’ll need that and more against Boston tomorrow night.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54