Feb 7, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings have had their offensive issues this year and center Mike Richards is feeling the brunt of those struggles.
Since returning from a concussion, Richards has scored three goals and just one in his last 18 games and the frustration is taking him over. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider gets the word from Richards about how he’s handling his incredible slump following his injury.
“I feel good out there. That’s what is frustrating. When you’re feeling good on the ice, you think that good things should come from it. It’s frustrating when you work so hard and get nothing from it. It is what it is. Everybody goes through it. It’s something that you just have to fight through.’’
Richards isn’t alone in his goal scoring woes in L.A. Over their last 10 games, the Kings have scored just 21 goals. Scoring has been a huge problem all season for the Kings and if they’re going to be serious contenders in the postseason they’ll need to find their way. Richards along with Anze Kopitar have enough offensive talent to make things go, but as Darryl Sutter said, they need more from their wingers to score.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)