Feb 7, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings have had their offensive issues this year and center Mike Richards is feeling the brunt of those struggles.
Since returning from a concussion, Richards has scored three goals and just one in his last 18 games and the frustration is taking him over. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider gets the word from Richards about how he’s handling his incredible slump following his injury.
“I feel good out there. That’s what is frustrating. When you’re feeling good on the ice, you think that good things should come from it. It’s frustrating when you work so hard and get nothing from it. It is what it is. Everybody goes through it. It’s something that you just have to fight through.’’
Richards isn’t alone in his goal scoring woes in L.A. Over their last 10 games, the Kings have scored just 21 goals. Scoring has been a huge problem all season for the Kings and if they’re going to be serious contenders in the postseason they’ll need to find their way. Richards along with Anze Kopitar have enough offensive talent to make things go, but as Darryl Sutter said, they need more from their wingers to score.
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 15
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 34
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)