Feb 7, 2012, 9:26 AM EST
The L.A. Kings have had their offensive issues this year and center Mike Richards is feeling the brunt of those struggles.
Since returning from a concussion, Richards has scored three goals and just one in his last 18 games and the frustration is taking him over. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider gets the word from Richards about how he’s handling his incredible slump following his injury.
“I feel good out there. That’s what is frustrating. When you’re feeling good on the ice, you think that good things should come from it. It’s frustrating when you work so hard and get nothing from it. It is what it is. Everybody goes through it. It’s something that you just have to fight through.’’
Richards isn’t alone in his goal scoring woes in L.A. Over their last 10 games, the Kings have scored just 21 goals. Scoring has been a huge problem all season for the Kings and if they’re going to be serious contenders in the postseason they’ll need to find their way. Richards along with Anze Kopitar have enough offensive talent to make things go, but as Darryl Sutter said, they need more from their wingers to score.
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 0
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 21
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 15
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans': Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans': Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)