Feb 7, 2012, 9:26 AM EST
The L.A. Kings have had their offensive issues this year and center Mike Richards is feeling the brunt of those struggles.
Since returning from a concussion, Richards has scored three goals and just one in his last 18 games and the frustration is taking him over. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider gets the word from Richards about how he’s handling his incredible slump following his injury.
“I feel good out there. That’s what is frustrating. When you’re feeling good on the ice, you think that good things should come from it. It’s frustrating when you work so hard and get nothing from it. It is what it is. Everybody goes through it. It’s something that you just have to fight through.’’
Richards isn’t alone in his goal scoring woes in L.A. Over their last 10 games, the Kings have scored just 21 goals. Scoring has been a huge problem all season for the Kings and if they’re going to be serious contenders in the postseason they’ll need to find their way. Richards along with Anze Kopitar have enough offensive talent to make things go, but as Darryl Sutter said, they need more from their wingers to score.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)