Feb 7, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
The L.A. Kings have had their offensive issues this year and center Mike Richards is feeling the brunt of those struggles.
Since returning from a concussion, Richards has scored three goals and just one in his last 18 games and the frustration is taking him over. Rich Hammond of L.A. Kings Insider gets the word from Richards about how he’s handling his incredible slump following his injury.
“I feel good out there. That’s what is frustrating. When you’re feeling good on the ice, you think that good things should come from it. It’s frustrating when you work so hard and get nothing from it. It is what it is. Everybody goes through it. It’s something that you just have to fight through.’’
Richards isn’t alone in his goal scoring woes in L.A. Over their last 10 games, the Kings have scored just 21 goals. Scoring has been a huge problem all season for the Kings and if they’re going to be serious contenders in the postseason they’ll need to find their way. Richards along with Anze Kopitar have enough offensive talent to make things go, but as Darryl Sutter said, they need more from their wingers to score.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)