Feb 7, 2012, 1:53 AM EST
It took until the eighth round of a shootout to prove it, but the Calgary Flames still can’t beat the Ducks in Anaheim.
The Ducks won 3-2 (SO) despite coughing up a 2-0 lead. This marks the 14th consecutive time they’ve beaten the Flames at home, which means that they’ll only have one more chance to keep Brent Sutter from saying that they haven’t beaten the Ducks in Anaheim in 51 years.
(Note: Sutter’s hyperbolic estimates might go in dog years instead, though.)
Miikka Kiprusoff was aiming for the 300th win of his NHL career but lost the game after stopping 31 out of 33 shots. Jarome Iginla and Bobby Ryan each hit the 20-goal mark for their respective team. It’s a remarkable achievement for Iginla in particular as this marks the 13th consecutive season he’s managed the feat, as Eric Stephens points out.
Check out highlights from the game below.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)