Feb 7, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Concussion recovery has treated Danny Briere well.
The Flyers announced that Briere will return to action tonight when the Flyers face off at home against the New York Islanders. Briere has missed the Flyers’ last six games after apparently suffering a concussion against the Devils back on January 21.
Briere’s production this season has been a bit off with just 13 goals and 30 points overall, but his presence back in the lineup will be a welcome one as the Flyers are still without James van Riemsdyk (concussion). With Briere back and hopefully able to get back to his old scoring ways, the Flyers can keep up with the number of soft goals being allowed by Ilya Bryzgalov.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 18
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 6
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)