Feb 7, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
Concussion recovery has treated Danny Briere well.
The Flyers announced that Briere will return to action tonight when the Flyers face off at home against the New York Islanders. Briere has missed the Flyers’ last six games after apparently suffering a concussion against the Devils back on January 21.
Briere’s production this season has been a bit off with just 13 goals and 30 points overall, but his presence back in the lineup will be a welcome one as the Flyers are still without James van Riemsdyk (concussion). With Briere back and hopefully able to get back to his old scoring ways, the Flyers can keep up with the number of soft goals being allowed by Ilya Bryzgalov.
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 20
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 8
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 14
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)