Feb 7, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Concussion recovery has treated Danny Briere well.
The Flyers announced that Briere will return to action tonight when the Flyers face off at home against the New York Islanders. Briere has missed the Flyers’ last six games after apparently suffering a concussion against the Devils back on January 21.
Briere’s production this season has been a bit off with just 13 goals and 30 points overall, but his presence back in the lineup will be a welcome one as the Flyers are still without James van Riemsdyk (concussion). With Briere back and hopefully able to get back to his old scoring ways, the Flyers can keep up with the number of soft goals being allowed by Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)