Feb 7, 2012, 10:59 AM EST
Concussion recovery has treated Danny Briere well.
The Flyers announced that Briere will return to action tonight when the Flyers face off at home against the New York Islanders. Briere has missed the Flyers’ last six games after apparently suffering a concussion against the Devils back on January 21.
Briere’s production this season has been a bit off with just 13 goals and 30 points overall, but his presence back in the lineup will be a welcome one as the Flyers are still without James van Riemsdyk (concussion). With Briere back and hopefully able to get back to his old scoring ways, the Flyers can keep up with the number of soft goals being allowed by Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 4
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 23
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27