Feb 7, 2012, 10:59 AM EDT
Concussion recovery has treated Danny Briere well.
The Flyers announced that Briere will return to action tonight when the Flyers face off at home against the New York Islanders. Briere has missed the Flyers’ last six games after apparently suffering a concussion against the Devils back on January 21.
Briere’s production this season has been a bit off with just 13 goals and 30 points overall, but his presence back in the lineup will be a welcome one as the Flyers are still without James van Riemsdyk (concussion). With Briere back and hopefully able to get back to his old scoring ways, the Flyers can keep up with the number of soft goals being allowed by Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)