Feb 7, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is clearly made of sterner stuff than the rest of us.
After getting his knee banged up bad enough to leave Sunday’s game against Boston and being told that he’s got a sprained knee, Laich was out on the ice at the Caps’ morning skate today as they prepare for tonight’s game against Florida.
Will we see Laich out on the ice tonight? Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com get’s the word from the man himself after practice.
“I hope so,” Laich told a crowd of reporters. “I felt good on the ice. Turning, pivoting, everything felt pretty good. “Usually, the decision isn’t up to the player. It’s the coaching staff, you have to try to convince them sometimes. Hopefully. We’ll see tonight.”
It might be time to see if Laich is made of Adamantium like Wolverine.
The fact of the matter is though that the Caps need Laich to be out there. Losing a top center and a penalty killer would be a horrible blow to an already hobbled Caps forward unit.
Without Nicklas Backstrom they’re very thin up the middle and taking Laich out of that mix makes it that much worse. Caps coach Dale Hunter will need to be absolutely sure he can go as the Caps don’t want to risk him getting hurt worse and being out long term.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)