Feb 7, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is clearly made of sterner stuff than the rest of us.
After getting his knee banged up bad enough to leave Sunday’s game against Boston and being told that he’s got a sprained knee, Laich was out on the ice at the Caps’ morning skate today as they prepare for tonight’s game against Florida.
Will we see Laich out on the ice tonight? Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com get’s the word from the man himself after practice.
“I hope so,” Laich told a crowd of reporters. “I felt good on the ice. Turning, pivoting, everything felt pretty good. “Usually, the decision isn’t up to the player. It’s the coaching staff, you have to try to convince them sometimes. Hopefully. We’ll see tonight.”
It might be time to see if Laich is made of Adamantium like Wolverine.
The fact of the matter is though that the Caps need Laich to be out there. Losing a top center and a penalty killer would be a horrible blow to an already hobbled Caps forward unit.
Without Nicklas Backstrom they’re very thin up the middle and taking Laich out of that mix makes it that much worse. Caps coach Dale Hunter will need to be absolutely sure he can go as the Caps don’t want to risk him getting hurt worse and being out long term.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 57
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming