Feb 7, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Brooks Laich is clearly made of sterner stuff than the rest of us.
After getting his knee banged up bad enough to leave Sunday’s game against Boston and being told that he’s got a sprained knee, Laich was out on the ice at the Caps’ morning skate today as they prepare for tonight’s game against Florida.
Will we see Laich out on the ice tonight? Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com get’s the word from the man himself after practice.
“I hope so,” Laich told a crowd of reporters. “I felt good on the ice. Turning, pivoting, everything felt pretty good. “Usually, the decision isn’t up to the player. It’s the coaching staff, you have to try to convince them sometimes. Hopefully. We’ll see tonight.”
It might be time to see if Laich is made of Adamantium like Wolverine.
The fact of the matter is though that the Caps need Laich to be out there. Losing a top center and a penalty killer would be a horrible blow to an already hobbled Caps forward unit.
Without Nicklas Backstrom they’re very thin up the middle and taking Laich out of that mix makes it that much worse. Caps coach Dale Hunter will need to be absolutely sure he can go as the Caps don’t want to risk him getting hurt worse and being out long term.
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 5
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 23
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 83
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 98
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)