Feb 6, 2012, 12:49 PM EST
A few minor Monday transactions to pass along:
— The Minnesota Wild have re-signed defenseman Nate Prosser to a two-year, $1.65 million deal for an average annual cap hit of $825,000. The 25-year old has bounced between Minnesota and AHL Houston this year but has been one of the Wild’s better defensemen as of late — the team is actually 14-7-2 with Prosser in the lineup, and that includes Thursday’s 1-0 win over Colorado where Prosser played a season-high 25:53.
— According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes have put forward Anthony Stewart on waivers. Stewart, 27, posted 6G-7A-13PTS in 50 games for Carolina this season and led the ‘Canes with a plus-four rating. The 25th overall pick at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Stewart has had something of a nomadic existence, having spent time in San Antonio, Rochester, Florida, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina.
— The Montreal Canadiens have assigned forwards Ryan White and Aaron Palushaj to AHL Hamilton. White has yet to play this season after suffering a sports hernia during Habs training camp while Palushaj has been up and down between Montreal and Hamilton throughout the year. Recalled from the Bulldogs on Feb. 3, Palushaj leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) in 29 games this season.
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 2
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)