Feb 6, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
A few minor Monday transactions to pass along:
— The Minnesota Wild have re-signed defenseman Nate Prosser to a two-year, $1.65 million deal for an average annual cap hit of $825,000. The 25-year old has bounced between Minnesota and AHL Houston this year but has been one of the Wild’s better defensemen as of late — the team is actually 14-7-2 with Prosser in the lineup, and that includes Thursday’s 1-0 win over Colorado where Prosser played a season-high 25:53.
— According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes have put forward Anthony Stewart on waivers. Stewart, 27, posted 6G-7A-13PTS in 50 games for Carolina this season and led the ‘Canes with a plus-four rating. The 25th overall pick at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Stewart has had something of a nomadic existence, having spent time in San Antonio, Rochester, Florida, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina.
— The Montreal Canadiens have assigned forwards Ryan White and Aaron Palushaj to AHL Hamilton. White has yet to play this season after suffering a sports hernia during Habs training camp while Palushaj has been up and down between Montreal and Hamilton throughout the year. Recalled from the Bulldogs on Feb. 3, Palushaj leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) in 29 games this season.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 19
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 18
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 28
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)