Feb 6, 2012, 12:49 PM EST
A few minor Monday transactions to pass along:
– The Minnesota Wild have re-signed defenseman Nate Prosser to a two-year, $1.65 million deal for an average annual cap hit of $825,000. The 25-year old has bounced between Minnesota and AHL Houston this year but has been one of the Wild’s better defensemen as of late — the team is actually 14-7-2 with Prosser in the lineup, and that includes Thursday’s 1-0 win over Colorado where Prosser played a season-high 25:53.
– According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes have put forward Anthony Stewart on waivers. Stewart, 27, posted 6G-7A-13PTS in 50 games for Carolina this season and led the ‘Canes with a plus-four rating. The 25th overall pick at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Stewart has had something of a nomadic existence, having spent time in San Antonio, Rochester, Florida, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina.
– The Montreal Canadiens have assigned forwards Ryan White and Aaron Palushaj to AHL Hamilton. White has yet to play this season after suffering a sports hernia during Habs training camp while Palushaj has been up and down between Montreal and Hamilton throughout the year. Recalled from the Bulldogs on Feb. 3, Palushaj leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) in 29 games this season.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 2
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)