Feb 6, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
A few minor Monday transactions to pass along:
– The Minnesota Wild have re-signed defenseman Nate Prosser to a two-year, $1.65 million deal for an average annual cap hit of $825,000. The 25-year old has bounced between Minnesota and AHL Houston this year but has been one of the Wild’s better defensemen as of late — the team is actually 14-7-2 with Prosser in the lineup, and that includes Thursday’s 1-0 win over Colorado where Prosser played a season-high 25:53.
– According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes have put forward Anthony Stewart on waivers. Stewart, 27, posted 6G-7A-13PTS in 50 games for Carolina this season and led the ‘Canes with a plus-four rating. The 25th overall pick at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Stewart has had something of a nomadic existence, having spent time in San Antonio, Rochester, Florida, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina.
– The Montreal Canadiens have assigned forwards Ryan White and Aaron Palushaj to AHL Hamilton. White has yet to play this season after suffering a sports hernia during Habs training camp while Palushaj has been up and down between Montreal and Hamilton throughout the year. Recalled from the Bulldogs on Feb. 3, Palushaj leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) in 29 games this season.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22