Feb 6, 2012, 12:49 PM EDT
A few minor Monday transactions to pass along:
— The Minnesota Wild have re-signed defenseman Nate Prosser to a two-year, $1.65 million deal for an average annual cap hit of $825,000. The 25-year old has bounced between Minnesota and AHL Houston this year but has been one of the Wild’s better defensemen as of late — the team is actually 14-7-2 with Prosser in the lineup, and that includes Thursday’s 1-0 win over Colorado where Prosser played a season-high 25:53.
— According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, the Carolina Hurricanes have put forward Anthony Stewart on waivers. Stewart, 27, posted 6G-7A-13PTS in 50 games for Carolina this season and led the ‘Canes with a plus-four rating. The 25th overall pick at the 2003 NHL Entry Draft, Stewart has had something of a nomadic existence, having spent time in San Antonio, Rochester, Florida, Chicago, Atlanta and Carolina.
— The Montreal Canadiens have assigned forwards Ryan White and Aaron Palushaj to AHL Hamilton. White has yet to play this season after suffering a sports hernia during Habs training camp while Palushaj has been up and down between Montreal and Hamilton throughout the year. Recalled from the Bulldogs on Feb. 3, Palushaj leads the Bulldogs in scoring with 28 points (13 goals, 15 assists) in 29 games this season.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7