Feb 6, 2012, 9:26 AM EDT
P.K. Subban has that uncanny ability to make even the most mild-tempered player lose their mind in frustration because of what he does. You can add Winnipeg’s Blake Wheeler to the list of players who have snapped thanks to Subban as the two threw down during Montreal’s 3-0 win yesterday afternoon.
Wheeler, however, wasn’t too impressed with how Subban handled himself and tells Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun that Subban should brush up on “the code” when it comes to fighting.
“I asked him to fight and he declined — and then he jumped me,” said Wheeler, whose last NHL fight came almost two years to the day when he dropped the gloves with Canadiens defenceman Ryan O’Byrne on Feb. 7, 2010. “That’s pretty much what he is.”
Maybe Subban just had it out for Wheeler because he’s a former Bruin or maybe Subban is just that sort of player that takes a poke when he’s got a chance, whether the opponent knows it or not.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 45
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)