Feb 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Walking and chewing gum can be hard enough, but how about talking on your cell phone and riding a bike? Turns out that a NHL player shouldn’t be trying to up the coordination ante like that and it’s an embarrassing lesson Anaheim’s Luca Sbisa learned the hard way.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register gets word from Sbisa about how he showed up to Ducks practice with a bit of a shameful mark on his face thanks to multitasking.
“I was close to home,” Sbisa said. “Minutes. And I was on the phone. I wasn’t paying attention and the curbs are like this high (holding his hands nearly a foot apart). My one wheel starting rubbing the curb and it got caught.
“My hands were behind me and that’s why I got [scraped] up here. My face hit the ground.”
Sbisa is lucky that he only got scraped up after taking that kind of fall. Then again, the only thing I can think of after hearing this story is the scene from “Wayne’s World” when Wayne’s ex-girlfriend Stacy bites it after riding her bike into a parked Camaro. Game on!
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 9
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 96
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (96)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games