Feb 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Walking and chewing gum can be hard enough, but how about talking on your cell phone and riding a bike? Turns out that a NHL player shouldn’t be trying to up the coordination ante like that and it’s an embarrassing lesson Anaheim’s Luca Sbisa learned the hard way.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register gets word from Sbisa about how he showed up to Ducks practice with a bit of a shameful mark on his face thanks to multitasking.
“I was close to home,” Sbisa said. “Minutes. And I was on the phone. I wasn’t paying attention and the curbs are like this high (holding his hands nearly a foot apart). My one wheel starting rubbing the curb and it got caught.
“My hands were behind me and that’s why I got [scraped] up here. My face hit the ground.”
Sbisa is lucky that he only got scraped up after taking that kind of fall. Then again, the only thing I can think of after hearing this story is the scene from “Wayne’s World” when Wayne’s ex-girlfriend Stacy bites it after riding her bike into a parked Camaro. Game on!
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 0
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 7
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)