Feb 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Walking and chewing gum can be hard enough, but how about talking on your cell phone and riding a bike? Turns out that a NHL player shouldn’t be trying to up the coordination ante like that and it’s an embarrassing lesson Anaheim’s Luca Sbisa learned the hard way.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register gets word from Sbisa about how he showed up to Ducks practice with a bit of a shameful mark on his face thanks to multitasking.
“I was close to home,” Sbisa said. “Minutes. And I was on the phone. I wasn’t paying attention and the curbs are like this high (holding his hands nearly a foot apart). My one wheel starting rubbing the curb and it got caught.
“My hands were behind me and that’s why I got [scraped] up here. My face hit the ground.”
Sbisa is lucky that he only got scraped up after taking that kind of fall. Then again, the only thing I can think of after hearing this story is the scene from “Wayne’s World” when Wayne’s ex-girlfriend Stacy bites it after riding her bike into a parked Camaro. Game on!
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 2
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 14
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 15
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9