Feb 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
Walking and chewing gum can be hard enough, but how about talking on your cell phone and riding a bike? Turns out that a NHL player shouldn’t be trying to up the coordination ante like that and it’s an embarrassing lesson Anaheim’s Luca Sbisa learned the hard way.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register gets word from Sbisa about how he showed up to Ducks practice with a bit of a shameful mark on his face thanks to multitasking.
“I was close to home,” Sbisa said. “Minutes. And I was on the phone. I wasn’t paying attention and the curbs are like this high (holding his hands nearly a foot apart). My one wheel starting rubbing the curb and it got caught.
“My hands were behind me and that’s why I got [scraped] up here. My face hit the ground.”
Sbisa is lucky that he only got scraped up after taking that kind of fall. Then again, the only thing I can think of after hearing this story is the scene from “Wayne’s World” when Wayne’s ex-girlfriend Stacy bites it after riding her bike into a parked Camaro. Game on!
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11