Feb 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EDT
Walking and chewing gum can be hard enough, but how about talking on your cell phone and riding a bike? Turns out that a NHL player shouldn’t be trying to up the coordination ante like that and it’s an embarrassing lesson Anaheim’s Luca Sbisa learned the hard way.
Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register gets word from Sbisa about how he showed up to Ducks practice with a bit of a shameful mark on his face thanks to multitasking.
“I was close to home,” Sbisa said. “Minutes. And I was on the phone. I wasn’t paying attention and the curbs are like this high (holding his hands nearly a foot apart). My one wheel starting rubbing the curb and it got caught.
“My hands were behind me and that’s why I got [scraped] up here. My face hit the ground.”
Sbisa is lucky that he only got scraped up after taking that kind of fall. Then again, the only thing I can think of after hearing this story is the scene from “Wayne’s World” when Wayne’s ex-girlfriend Stacy bites it after riding her bike into a parked Camaro. Game on!
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)