Feb 6, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
The Ottawa Sun’s resident nosy parker unleashed a boatload of trade rumors on Sunday in his weekly NHL gossip column. We’re only passing them along because Bruce Garrioch works for a mainstream media outlet and nobody who works for a mainstream media outlet would ever just make stuff up like a blogger would.
According to Garrioch…
—- The Blue Jackets might be willing to trade Rick Nash. Possibly to the Rangers or Kings.
—- Four teams have expressed interest in Edmonton’s Ryan Smyth – the Rangers, Sharks, Bruins and Red Wings.
—- The Leafs have interest in Jeff Carter.
—- The Blackhawks have been “sniffing around” for a goalie (contradicting this)
—- The Rangers, Sharks, Red Wings and Bruins have been asking the Ducks about Teemu Selanne.
—- The Leafs are willing to send Joe Colborne or Nazem Kadri to the Hurricanes for Tuomu Ruutu.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 32
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)