Feb 6, 2012, 1:15 PM EST
The Ottawa Sun’s resident nosy parker unleashed a boatload of trade rumors on Sunday in his weekly NHL gossip column. We’re only passing them along because Bruce Garrioch works for a mainstream media outlet and nobody who works for a mainstream media outlet would ever just make stuff up like a blogger would.
According to Garrioch…
—- The Blue Jackets might be willing to trade Rick Nash. Possibly to the Rangers or Kings.
—- Four teams have expressed interest in Edmonton’s Ryan Smyth – the Rangers, Sharks, Bruins and Red Wings.
—- The Leafs have interest in Jeff Carter.
—- The Blackhawks have been “sniffing around” for a goalie (contradicting this)
—- The Rangers, Sharks, Red Wings and Bruins have been asking the Ducks about Teemu Selanne.
—- The Leafs are willing to send Joe Colborne or Nazem Kadri to the Hurricanes for Tuomu Ruutu.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)