Feb 6, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Ottawa Sun’s resident nosy parker unleashed a boatload of trade rumors on Sunday in his weekly NHL gossip column. We’re only passing them along because Bruce Garrioch works for a mainstream media outlet and nobody who works for a mainstream media outlet would ever just make stuff up like a blogger would.
According to Garrioch…
—- The Blue Jackets might be willing to trade Rick Nash. Possibly to the Rangers or Kings.
—- Four teams have expressed interest in Edmonton’s Ryan Smyth – the Rangers, Sharks, Bruins and Red Wings.
—- The Leafs have interest in Jeff Carter.
—- The Blackhawks have been “sniffing around” for a goalie (contradicting this)
—- The Rangers, Sharks, Red Wings and Bruins have been asking the Ducks about Teemu Selanne.
—- The Leafs are willing to send Joe Colborne or Nazem Kadri to the Hurricanes for Tuomu Ruutu.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 13
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)