Feb 6, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Ottawa Sun’s resident nosy parker unleashed a boatload of trade rumors on Sunday in his weekly NHL gossip column. We’re only passing them along because Bruce Garrioch works for a mainstream media outlet and nobody who works for a mainstream media outlet would ever just make stuff up like a blogger would.
According to Garrioch…
—- The Blue Jackets might be willing to trade Rick Nash. Possibly to the Rangers or Kings.
—- Four teams have expressed interest in Edmonton’s Ryan Smyth – the Rangers, Sharks, Bruins and Red Wings.
—- The Leafs have interest in Jeff Carter.
—- The Blackhawks have been “sniffing around” for a goalie (contradicting this)
—- The Rangers, Sharks, Red Wings and Bruins have been asking the Ducks about Teemu Selanne.
—- The Leafs are willing to send Joe Colborne or Nazem Kadri to the Hurricanes for Tuomu Ruutu.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)