Feb 6, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT
The Ottawa Sun’s resident nosy parker unleashed a boatload of trade rumors on Sunday in his weekly NHL gossip column. We’re only passing them along because Bruce Garrioch works for a mainstream media outlet and nobody who works for a mainstream media outlet would ever just make stuff up like a blogger would.
According to Garrioch…
—- The Blue Jackets might be willing to trade Rick Nash. Possibly to the Rangers or Kings.
—- Four teams have expressed interest in Edmonton’s Ryan Smyth – the Rangers, Sharks, Bruins and Red Wings.
—- The Leafs have interest in Jeff Carter.
—- The Blackhawks have been “sniffing around” for a goalie (contradicting this)
—- The Rangers, Sharks, Red Wings and Bruins have been asking the Ducks about Teemu Selanne.
—- The Leafs are willing to send Joe Colborne or Nazem Kadri to the Hurricanes for Tuomu Ruutu.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)