Feb 6, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
“In Ray’s situation, he hasn’t had a great chance to run with it,” ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told reporters today. “Corey’s had a lot of key games here recently.”
Emery’s numbers (2.73 GAA, .904 SV%) aren’t a whole lot better than Crawford’s (2.94, .900), but Quenneville is clearly hoping Emery will be able to get in a groove with more playing time.
The fact this is occurring three weeks before the trade deadline can’t be a coincidence. If Emery doesn’t show something, general manager Stan Bowman might be convinced to make a move.
Chicago has six games remaining on its marathon nine-game road trip. Emery will get the nod tomorrow in Colorado.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5