Feb 6, 2012, 3:16 PM EDT
“In Ray’s situation, he hasn’t had a great chance to run with it,” ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told reporters today. “Corey’s had a lot of key games here recently.”
Emery’s numbers (2.73 GAA, .904 SV%) aren’t a whole lot better than Crawford’s (2.94, .900), but Quenneville is clearly hoping Emery will be able to get in a groove with more playing time.
The fact this is occurring three weeks before the trade deadline can’t be a coincidence. If Emery doesn’t show something, general manager Stan Bowman might be convinced to make a move.
Chicago has six games remaining on its marathon nine-game road trip. Emery will get the nod tomorrow in Colorado.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)