Feb 6, 2012, 3:16 PM EST
“In Ray’s situation, he hasn’t had a great chance to run with it,” ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville told reporters today. “Corey’s had a lot of key games here recently.”
Emery’s numbers (2.73 GAA, .904 SV%) aren’t a whole lot better than Crawford’s (2.94, .900), but Quenneville is clearly hoping Emery will be able to get in a groove with more playing time.
The fact this is occurring three weeks before the trade deadline can’t be a coincidence. If Emery doesn’t show something, general manager Stan Bowman might be convinced to make a move.
Chicago has six games remaining on its marathon nine-game road trip. Emery will get the nod tomorrow in Colorado.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)