Feb 6, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Big development out of Montreal this morning during Penguins practice: Sidney Crosby skated with the team without a non-contact jersey, playing right wing on a line with Steve Sullivan and Cal O’Reilly.
More, from Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Sportsnet’s Louis Jean notes this is Crosby’s first official practice since his latest setback and while the club said there’ no timetable for his return to games this week, seeing No. 87 return to practice is an intriguing development.
The Montreal game is the last of Pittsburgh’s current four-game road trip — the Penguins will have four days off before their next game, a home date against the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 16
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5