Feb 6, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
Big development out of Montreal this morning during Penguins practice: Sidney Crosby skated with the team without a non-contact jersey, playing right wing on a line with Steve Sullivan and Cal O’Reilly.
More, from Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Sportsnet’s Louis Jean notes this is Crosby’s first official practice since his latest setback and while the club said there’ no timetable for his return to games this week, seeing No. 87 return to practice is an intriguing development.
The Montreal game is the last of Pittsburgh’s current four-game road trip — the Penguins will have four days off before their next game, a home date against the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)