Feb 6, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
If there’s one time when Boyd Gordon is a dangerous scorer, it might be when he’s killing penalties. The Phoenix Coyotes grinder has scored 33 goals in his NHL career and six of them have come shorthanded.
Gordon likely scored one of his most impressive ones tonight. Watch him give the Coyotes a 1-0 lead as he took advantage of a miscue between Niklas Kronwall and Ian White before beating Joey MacDonald with a nice move:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39