Feb 6, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
We already wrote Saturday that Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman isn’t looking for a goalie (or so he says) as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches and Corey Crawford’s play remains a concern. To add to that post, following are some quotes courtesy the Chicago Tribune.
Bowman: “Corey was dynamic for us last season. He pretty much helped us get in the playoffs and then he was dynamite in the playoffs. We’re only seven, eight months removed from that. It’s one of those things where success can help boost your confidence and get you back in short order.”
Crawford: “A lot of people just look at (statistics) and determine the kind of player or goaltender you are just by your numbers. I think I’m way better than what those numbers say. I just have to go out and prove it. If I’m consistent, those numbers will turn around.”
Crawford has a 2.94 GAA and .900 save percentage, among the worst stats of any regular starter in the NHL. And while he’s not entirely responsible for his team’s defensive woes, he’s not exactly helping the situation either.
Of course, even if Bowman wanted to add a goalie for insurance, there aren’t many options out there. The Islanders’ Evgeni Nabokov is one, and he’d surely waive his no-movement clause to go to Chicago. But other than that?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)