Feb 6, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
We already wrote Saturday that Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman isn’t looking for a goalie (or so he says) as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches and Corey Crawford’s play remains a concern. To add to that post, following are some quotes courtesy the Chicago Tribune.
Bowman: “Corey was dynamic for us last season. He pretty much helped us get in the playoffs and then he was dynamite in the playoffs. We’re only seven, eight months removed from that. It’s one of those things where success can help boost your confidence and get you back in short order.”
Crawford: “A lot of people just look at (statistics) and determine the kind of player or goaltender you are just by your numbers. I think I’m way better than what those numbers say. I just have to go out and prove it. If I’m consistent, those numbers will turn around.”
Crawford has a 2.94 GAA and .900 save percentage, among the worst stats of any regular starter in the NHL. And while he’s not entirely responsible for his team’s defensive woes, he’s not exactly helping the situation either.
Of course, even if Bowman wanted to add a goalie for insurance, there aren’t many options out there. The Islanders’ Evgeni Nabokov is one, and he’d surely waive his no-movement clause to go to Chicago. But other than that?
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 25
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 53
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)