Feb 6, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
We already wrote Saturday that Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman isn’t looking for a goalie (or so he says) as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches and Corey Crawford’s play remains a concern. To add to that post, following are some quotes courtesy the Chicago Tribune.
Bowman: “Corey was dynamic for us last season. He pretty much helped us get in the playoffs and then he was dynamite in the playoffs. We’re only seven, eight months removed from that. It’s one of those things where success can help boost your confidence and get you back in short order.”
Crawford: “A lot of people just look at (statistics) and determine the kind of player or goaltender you are just by your numbers. I think I’m way better than what those numbers say. I just have to go out and prove it. If I’m consistent, those numbers will turn around.”
Crawford has a 2.94 GAA and .900 save percentage, among the worst stats of any regular starter in the NHL. And while he’s not entirely responsible for his team’s defensive woes, he’s not exactly helping the situation either.
Of course, even if Bowman wanted to add a goalie for insurance, there aren’t many options out there. The Islanders’ Evgeni Nabokov is one, and he’d surely waive his no-movement clause to go to Chicago. But other than that?
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)