Feb 6, 2012, 11:55 AM EDT
We already wrote Saturday that Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman isn’t looking for a goalie (or so he says) as the Feb. 27 trade deadline approaches and Corey Crawford’s play remains a concern. To add to that post, following are some quotes courtesy the Chicago Tribune.
Bowman: “Corey was dynamic for us last season. He pretty much helped us get in the playoffs and then he was dynamite in the playoffs. We’re only seven, eight months removed from that. It’s one of those things where success can help boost your confidence and get you back in short order.”
Crawford: “A lot of people just look at (statistics) and determine the kind of player or goaltender you are just by your numbers. I think I’m way better than what those numbers say. I just have to go out and prove it. If I’m consistent, those numbers will turn around.”
Crawford has a 2.94 GAA and .900 save percentage, among the worst stats of any regular starter in the NHL. And while he’s not entirely responsible for his team’s defensive woes, he’s not exactly helping the situation either.
Of course, even if Bowman wanted to add a goalie for insurance, there aren’t many options out there. The Islanders’ Evgeni Nabokov is one, and he’d surely waive his no-movement clause to go to Chicago. But other than that?
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 17
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 35
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)