Feb 6, 2012, 6:26 PM EST
Chris Higgins is having a rough season in Vancouver. Not only has the Canucks forward battled a staph infection, the antibiotics he was taking to combat said infection affected his immune system and he got the flu.
Higgins has since been put on a new medication – however, his condition is still a concern, says Canucks coach Alain Vigneault.
“It’s something that is very serious,” Vigneault told reporters. “He’s had now three episodes in a little bit more than a year. I think our medical staff is doing everything they can to get this under control and get him the best possible medication to keep this under control.
“From there, you just keep your fingers crossed.”
Higgins has missed the last two games and hasn’t traveled to Nashville for tomorrow’s game against the Predators.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 0
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 17
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 29
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)