Feb 5, 2012, 1:29 AM EST
Todd Bertuzzi and the Detroit Red Wings weren’t able to best the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday, but Bertuzzi’s 300th career goal still played a big role in Detroit’s comeback attempt.
Bertuzzi hasn’t been an offensive juggernaut since his days with the Vancouver Canucks, but he’s been quietly putting up solid season after solid season with the Detroit Red Wings. Bertuzzi also scored his 301st career goal to give Detroit a 4-3 led with just 3:41 minutes remaining in the third period, but Edmonton bounced back to earn a 5-4 shootout win.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11