Feb 5, 2012, 1:29 AM EDT
Todd Bertuzzi and the Detroit Red Wings weren’t able to best the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday, but Bertuzzi’s 300th career goal still played a big role in Detroit’s comeback attempt.
Bertuzzi hasn’t been an offensive juggernaut since his days with the Vancouver Canucks, but he’s been quietly putting up solid season after solid season with the Detroit Red Wings. Bertuzzi also scored his 301st career goal to give Detroit a 4-3 led with just 3:41 minutes remaining in the third period, but Edmonton bounced back to earn a 5-4 shootout win.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 38
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 14
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54