Feb 5, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
The Bruins came into today’s game with the Capitals hoping to find their game and get back to physically dominating hockey. While it wasn’t a typically ferocious game, the Bruins used their skill to get back on the winning side of things beating the Caps 4-1.
Tim Thomas went from snubbing President Obama to shutting down Caps shooters stopping 35 shots and missing out late in the third on earning a shutout. Rich Peverley and Brad Marchand each getting a goal and an assist in this one provided the B’s with all the offense they could hope for.
One notable switch for the Bruins, however, came thanks to David Krejci getting knocked down to third line duty while a line of Peverley, Chris Kelly, and Milan Lucic ran wild. Krejci told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he had a lot to prove today but finished the game with no points and 15:20 of ice time.
Washington’s loss was made a bit worse thanks to Brooks Laich being knocked out of action with a lower body injury after a collision with Dennis Seidenberg. Laich tried to test out his skating but was unable to return. The Caps are already playing without Nicklas Backstrom and going without Laich would mean being without their top two centers.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 18
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 17
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 119
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7