Feb 5, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
The Bruins came into today’s game with the Capitals hoping to find their game and get back to physically dominating hockey. While it wasn’t a typically ferocious game, the Bruins used their skill to get back on the winning side of things beating the Caps 4-1.
Tim Thomas went from snubbing President Obama to shutting down Caps shooters stopping 35 shots and missing out late in the third on earning a shutout. Rich Peverley and Brad Marchand each getting a goal and an assist in this one provided the B’s with all the offense they could hope for.
One notable switch for the Bruins, however, came thanks to David Krejci getting knocked down to third line duty while a line of Peverley, Chris Kelly, and Milan Lucic ran wild. Krejci told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he had a lot to prove today but finished the game with no points and 15:20 of ice time.
Washington’s loss was made a bit worse thanks to Brooks Laich being knocked out of action with a lower body injury after a collision with Dennis Seidenberg. Laich tried to test out his skating but was unable to return. The Caps are already playing without Nicklas Backstrom and going without Laich would mean being without their top two centers.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)