Feb 5, 2012, 3:40 PM EST
The Bruins came into today’s game with the Capitals hoping to find their game and get back to physically dominating hockey. While it wasn’t a typically ferocious game, the Bruins used their skill to get back on the winning side of things beating the Caps 4-1.
Tim Thomas went from snubbing President Obama to shutting down Caps shooters stopping 35 shots and missing out late in the third on earning a shutout. Rich Peverley and Brad Marchand each getting a goal and an assist in this one provided the B’s with all the offense they could hope for.
One notable switch for the Bruins, however, came thanks to David Krejci getting knocked down to third line duty while a line of Peverley, Chris Kelly, and Milan Lucic ran wild. Krejci told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he had a lot to prove today but finished the game with no points and 15:20 of ice time.
Washington’s loss was made a bit worse thanks to Brooks Laich being knocked out of action with a lower body injury after a collision with Dennis Seidenberg. Laich tried to test out his skating but was unable to return. The Caps are already playing without Nicklas Backstrom and going without Laich would mean being without their top two centers.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 15
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)