Feb 5, 2012, 3:40 PM EST
The Bruins came into today’s game with the Capitals hoping to find their game and get back to physically dominating hockey. While it wasn’t a typically ferocious game, the Bruins used their skill to get back on the winning side of things beating the Caps 4-1.
Tim Thomas went from snubbing President Obama to shutting down Caps shooters stopping 35 shots and missing out late in the third on earning a shutout. Rich Peverley and Brad Marchand each getting a goal and an assist in this one provided the B’s with all the offense they could hope for.
One notable switch for the Bruins, however, came thanks to David Krejci getting knocked down to third line duty while a line of Peverley, Chris Kelly, and Milan Lucic ran wild. Krejci told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he had a lot to prove today but finished the game with no points and 15:20 of ice time.
Washington’s loss was made a bit worse thanks to Brooks Laich being knocked out of action with a lower body injury after a collision with Dennis Seidenberg. Laich tried to test out his skating but was unable to return. The Caps are already playing without Nicklas Backstrom and going without Laich would mean being without their top two centers.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 14
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)