Feb 5, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
The Bruins came into today’s game with the Capitals hoping to find their game and get back to physically dominating hockey. While it wasn’t a typically ferocious game, the Bruins used their skill to get back on the winning side of things beating the Caps 4-1.
Tim Thomas went from snubbing President Obama to shutting down Caps shooters stopping 35 shots and missing out late in the third on earning a shutout. Rich Peverley and Brad Marchand each getting a goal and an assist in this one provided the B’s with all the offense they could hope for.
One notable switch for the Bruins, however, came thanks to David Krejci getting knocked down to third line duty while a line of Peverley, Chris Kelly, and Milan Lucic ran wild. Krejci told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he had a lot to prove today but finished the game with no points and 15:20 of ice time.
Washington’s loss was made a bit worse thanks to Brooks Laich being knocked out of action with a lower body injury after a collision with Dennis Seidenberg. Laich tried to test out his skating but was unable to return. The Caps are already playing without Nicklas Backstrom and going without Laich would mean being without their top two centers.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 4
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 19
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights