Feb 5, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
The last time Scott Gomez scored a goal for the Montreal Canadiens was February 5, 2011 against the New York Rangers. The Habs won that game 2-0 and Gomez’s goal was the game-winner. It was a happy night in Montreal.
Since then, times have been tough. Gomez has played in 51 regular season games and seven playoff games since then and has no goals to show for it and that’s something that’s got some fans outside of Montreal a bit excited. Gomez’s time in Montreal of late has been filled with Bronx cheers, boos, and utter frustration that he can’t be more of an offensive fixture for the Habs.
Making matters worse are Montreal’s struggles in the standings. The Canadiens are currently 28th in the league standings-wise and dead last in the Eastern Conference. Salad days these are not. Gomez snapping out of his goal funk would do a lot for him and while it’s not likely to help Montreal lead their way into the playoffs, at the very least it would take the heat off for a day.
Related: Anyone seen how Ryan McDonagh is doing?
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 18
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)