Feb 5, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
It looks like we might have to get Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo a rule book.
Rinaldo was fined $5000 for separate incidents in yesterday’s loss to the Devils including a slew foot on Devils captain Zach Parise. Rinaldo tells ESPN New York’s Katie Strang that his motivation for slew footing Parise was pretty simple.
“The slew-foot really shouldn’t be in the game but 6-nothing we were down and someone had to stir the pot,” Rinaldo said.
It used to be that you could stir the pot by face washing a player, giving them a couple whacks with your stick after the whistle, or saying something unkind about their family.
Brendan Shanahan will get some grief from Devils fans and others for not suspending Rinaldo, but he’s remained consistent when it’s come to punishing (or not punishing) slew foots this year. Just ask P.K. Subban who was fined once and escaped punishment this year for such instances.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 14
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)