Feb 5, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
It looks like we might have to get Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo a rule book.
Rinaldo was fined $5000 for separate incidents in yesterday’s loss to the Devils including a slew foot on Devils captain Zach Parise. Rinaldo tells ESPN New York’s Katie Strang that his motivation for slew footing Parise was pretty simple.
“The slew-foot really shouldn’t be in the game but 6-nothing we were down and someone had to stir the pot,” Rinaldo said.
It used to be that you could stir the pot by face washing a player, giving them a couple whacks with your stick after the whistle, or saying something unkind about their family.
Brendan Shanahan will get some grief from Devils fans and others for not suspending Rinaldo, but he’s remained consistent when it’s come to punishing (or not punishing) slew foots this year. Just ask P.K. Subban who was fined once and escaped punishment this year for such instances.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 7
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)