Feb 5, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
It looks like we might have to get Flyers forward Zac Rinaldo a rule book.
Rinaldo was fined $5000 for separate incidents in yesterday’s loss to the Devils including a slew foot on Devils captain Zach Parise. Rinaldo tells ESPN New York’s Katie Strang that his motivation for slew footing Parise was pretty simple.
“The slew-foot really shouldn’t be in the game but 6-nothing we were down and someone had to stir the pot,” Rinaldo said.
It used to be that you could stir the pot by face washing a player, giving them a couple whacks with your stick after the whistle, or saying something unkind about their family.
Brendan Shanahan will get some grief from Devils fans and others for not suspending Rinaldo, but he’s remained consistent when it’s come to punishing (or not punishing) slew foots this year. Just ask P.K. Subban who was fined once and escaped punishment this year for such instances.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 2
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 32
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 143
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 15
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 28
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (145)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)