Feb 5, 2012, 3:12 PM EST
Sam Gagner‘s last couple of games have been pretty outstanding. Netting eight points in two periods against the Blackhawks and then three points in the first period against Detroit makes for quite the offensive explosion.
Funny thing is, Gagner did something that not even Wayne Gretzky did during his time in Edmonton. Gagner broke a team record for most consecutive points by getting in on 11 straight goals. Gretzky held the old record of factoring in on ten straight goals, a mark Gagner broke after scoring his second goal of the game in the first period last night.
Gagner’s eight point outburst had everyone thinking back to the days of Gretzky in Edmonton, but actually breaking a scoring mark set by The Great One? That’s impressive.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 43
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)