Feb 5, 2012, 12:09 PM EDT
New Jersey’s problems at center of late get some relief today.
Rookie Adam Henrique returns to the Devils lineup after missing five of their last eight games with a groin injury. With Henrique and Travis Zajac out of the lineup, the Devils have run with Patrik Elias and Dainius Zubrus at center. New Jersey hasn’t missed a beat though as they’ve climbed up the Eastern Conference standings into sixth place.
Coach Peter DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that he’s unsure whether Henrique will start on a line with Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuk and he’ll wait for warmups to finish up before deciding. That trio has been solid this season and has helped Henrique’s shot at the Calder Trophy.
Henrique has 13 goals and 21 assists this season he’s second amongst all rookies in scoring and just one point behind Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. With Nugent-Hopkins just getting back from an injury himself, the rookie scoring race is on in full with Matt Read, Craig Smith, and Cody Hodgson all in the mix as well.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 1
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)