Feb 5, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
New Jersey’s problems at center of late get some relief today.
Rookie Adam Henrique returns to the Devils lineup after missing five of their last eight games with a groin injury. With Henrique and Travis Zajac out of the lineup, the Devils have run with Patrik Elias and Dainius Zubrus at center. New Jersey hasn’t missed a beat though as they’ve climbed up the Eastern Conference standings into sixth place.
Coach Peter DeBoer tells Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice that he’s unsure whether Henrique will start on a line with Zach Parise and Ilya Kovalchuk and he’ll wait for warmups to finish up before deciding. That trio has been solid this season and has helped Henrique’s shot at the Calder Trophy.
Henrique has 13 goals and 21 assists this season he’s second amongst all rookies in scoring and just one point behind Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. With Nugent-Hopkins just getting back from an injury himself, the rookie scoring race is on in full with Matt Read, Craig Smith, and Cody Hodgson all in the mix as well.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)