Feb 4, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Brooks Orpik is a terrifying physical presence on the ice for the Penguins and if you’re going to skate through center ice, you’d better know where he’s at.
That tip could’ve been useful to Bruins forward Daniel Paille as Orpik cleaned him out at center ice during this afternoon’s game with the sort of hit that ends up on a Don Cherry highlight reel. Best part of it all? It was totally legal.
ROOT Sports’ Paul Steigerwald yelling about Paille flying 25 feet away after Orpik’s hit wasn’t total hyperbole, a historic moment in its own right.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)