Feb 4, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Brooks Orpik is a terrifying physical presence on the ice for the Penguins and if you’re going to skate through center ice, you’d better know where he’s at.
That tip could’ve been useful to Bruins forward Daniel Paille as Orpik cleaned him out at center ice during this afternoon’s game with the sort of hit that ends up on a Don Cherry highlight reel. Best part of it all? It was totally legal.
ROOT Sports’ Paul Steigerwald yelling about Paille flying 25 feet away after Orpik’s hit wasn’t total hyperbole, a historic moment in its own right.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 30
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)