Feb 4, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Brooks Orpik is a terrifying physical presence on the ice for the Penguins and if you’re going to skate through center ice, you’d better know where he’s at.
That tip could’ve been useful to Bruins forward Daniel Paille as Orpik cleaned him out at center ice during this afternoon’s game with the sort of hit that ends up on a Don Cherry highlight reel. Best part of it all? It was totally legal.
ROOT Sports’ Paul Steigerwald yelling about Paille flying 25 feet away after Orpik’s hit wasn’t total hyperbole, a historic moment in its own right.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)