Feb 4, 2012, 3:40 PM EDT
Brooks Orpik is a terrifying physical presence on the ice for the Penguins and if you’re going to skate through center ice, you’d better know where he’s at.
That tip could’ve been useful to Bruins forward Daniel Paille as Orpik cleaned him out at center ice during this afternoon’s game with the sort of hit that ends up on a Don Cherry highlight reel. Best part of it all? It was totally legal.
ROOT Sports’ Paul Steigerwald yelling about Paille flying 25 feet away after Orpik’s hit wasn’t total hyperbole, a historic moment in its own right.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)