Feb 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Goalies are overrated. With an empty net and the Vancouver Canucks down by one against the Colorado Avalanche in the last minute of the third period, defenseman Kevin Bieksa made a diving save to keep the game alive. Then he did the only thing that could top that: he scored the goal that sent the game to overtime.
Not to be outdone, Roberto Luongo was perfect in the shootout to complete the Canucks’ 3-2 victory over the Avalanche.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21