Feb 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Goalies are overrated. With an empty net and the Vancouver Canucks down by one against the Colorado Avalanche in the last minute of the third period, defenseman Kevin Bieksa made a diving save to keep the game alive. Then he did the only thing that could top that: he scored the goal that sent the game to overtime.
Not to be outdone, Roberto Luongo was perfect in the shootout to complete the Canucks’ 3-2 victory over the Avalanche.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7