Feb 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Goalies are overrated. With an empty net and the Vancouver Canucks down by one against the Colorado Avalanche in the last minute of the third period, defenseman Kevin Bieksa made a diving save to keep the game alive. Then he did the only thing that could top that: he scored the goal that sent the game to overtime.
Not to be outdone, Roberto Luongo was perfect in the shootout to complete the Canucks’ 3-2 victory over the Avalanche.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31