Feb 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
Goalies are overrated. With an empty net and the Vancouver Canucks down by one against the Colorado Avalanche in the last minute of the third period, defenseman Kevin Bieksa made a diving save to keep the game alive. Then he did the only thing that could top that: he scored the goal that sent the game to overtime.
Not to be outdone, Roberto Luongo was perfect in the shootout to complete the Canucks’ 3-2 victory over the Avalanche.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 17
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5