Feb 4, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
Goalies are overrated. With an empty net and the Vancouver Canucks down by one against the Colorado Avalanche in the last minute of the third period, defenseman Kevin Bieksa made a diving save to keep the game alive. Then he did the only thing that could top that: he scored the goal that sent the game to overtime.
Not to be outdone, Roberto Luongo was perfect in the shootout to complete the Canucks’ 3-2 victory over the Avalanche.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18