Feb 4, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
The Capitals are just trying to move on.
As the Capitals prepare to square off against Bourque’s Montreal Canadiens this afternoon, the talk in the Caps’ locker room was still about how upset they are about Bourque’s elbow to the face of Nicklas Backstrom that still has him out with a concussion.
“I don’t know,” Capitals center Brooks Laich said. “Our guy’s still out, you know? I don’t think our guys are ever going to forget what happened. But I don’t know if it’s over or not.
“We’re going there to win a hockey game. That’s the main focus, and if anything else happens, it happens.”
The Capitals won that last game against Montreal after seeing Bourque pound Matt Hendricks and the Capitals aren’t starting John Erskine today. They’ve also sent down Joel Rechlicz to the AHL, so if someone wants a piece of Bourque again, they’re really going out of their way to do it.
Rather than gunning for Bourque, the Caps should focus on getting themselves into better playoff positioning and keeping the Canadiens feeling bad about themselves.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)