Feb 4, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
The Capitals are just trying to move on.
As the Capitals prepare to square off against Bourque’s Montreal Canadiens this afternoon, the talk in the Caps’ locker room was still about how upset they are about Bourque’s elbow to the face of Nicklas Backstrom that still has him out with a concussion.
“I don’t know,” Capitals center Brooks Laich said. “Our guy’s still out, you know? I don’t think our guys are ever going to forget what happened. But I don’t know if it’s over or not.
“We’re going there to win a hockey game. That’s the main focus, and if anything else happens, it happens.”
The Capitals won that last game against Montreal after seeing Bourque pound Matt Hendricks and the Capitals aren’t starting John Erskine today. They’ve also sent down Joel Rechlicz to the AHL, so if someone wants a piece of Bourque again, they’re really going out of their way to do it.
Rather than gunning for Bourque, the Caps should focus on getting themselves into better playoff positioning and keeping the Canadiens feeling bad about themselves.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)