Feb 4, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
The Capitals are just trying to move on.
As the Capitals prepare to square off against Bourque’s Montreal Canadiens this afternoon, the talk in the Caps’ locker room was still about how upset they are about Bourque’s elbow to the face of Nicklas Backstrom that still has him out with a concussion.
“I don’t know,” Capitals center Brooks Laich said. “Our guy’s still out, you know? I don’t think our guys are ever going to forget what happened. But I don’t know if it’s over or not.
“We’re going there to win a hockey game. That’s the main focus, and if anything else happens, it happens.”
The Capitals won that last game against Montreal after seeing Bourque pound Matt Hendricks and the Capitals aren’t starting John Erskine today. They’ve also sent down Joel Rechlicz to the AHL, so if someone wants a piece of Bourque again, they’re really going out of their way to do it.
Rather than gunning for Bourque, the Caps should focus on getting themselves into better playoff positioning and keeping the Canadiens feeling bad about themselves.
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 0
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)