Feb 4, 2012, 2:13 PM EDT
The Capitals are just trying to move on.
As the Capitals prepare to square off against Bourque’s Montreal Canadiens this afternoon, the talk in the Caps’ locker room was still about how upset they are about Bourque’s elbow to the face of Nicklas Backstrom that still has him out with a concussion.
“I don’t know,” Capitals center Brooks Laich said. “Our guy’s still out, you know? I don’t think our guys are ever going to forget what happened. But I don’t know if it’s over or not.
“We’re going there to win a hockey game. That’s the main focus, and if anything else happens, it happens.”
The Capitals won that last game against Montreal after seeing Bourque pound Matt Hendricks and the Capitals aren’t starting John Erskine today. They’ve also sent down Joel Rechlicz to the AHL, so if someone wants a piece of Bourque again, they’re really going out of their way to do it.
Rather than gunning for Bourque, the Caps should focus on getting themselves into better playoff positioning and keeping the Canadiens feeling bad about themselves.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)