Feb 4, 2012, 10:48 PM EST
Like so much else this season, it didn’t come easy for Miller. He had to face 38 shots, including nine in the overtime period alone and late into the second period his team was still down 3-1. On top of that, the win, which was his 14th of the season, might have been sweeter if it had come in November or December, but a concussion and Miller’s subsequent struggles ruined the chances of that happening.
Even with Saturday’s win in the books, Buffalo’s chances of making the playoffs this season are slim and the odds of Miller salvaging his 2011-12 campaign don’t seem much better. Still, on Saturday Miller further cemented his position as one of the Buffalo Sabres all-time greats, even if he isn’t one of this season’s top netminders.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54