Feb 4, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been on the search for defense with no avail and after getting Brendan Morrison he feels set at forward. With the team mired in a five-game losing streak, however, the team’s troubles in goal have been exposed and some think they need to make a trade.
No, Bowman is not looking for a goaltender. While he admits the Blackhawks’ netminders could be better – Corey Crawford was pulled after allowing five on Thursday – he’s confident that they’ll rebound. He’s also not willing to make drastic changes.
Seeing borderline playoff contenders and non-contenders alike pouring goals in like crazy can make anyone start to worry. Everyone goes through slumps though, just not usually at the same time.
In the case of Crawford and Emery they’ve both had a rough go of things recently and unless things stay bad for the next few weeks, there’s no reason to make a panic move.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)