Feb 4, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been on the search for defense with no avail and after getting Brendan Morrison he feels set at forward. With the team mired in a five-game losing streak, however, the team’s troubles in goal have been exposed and some think they need to make a trade.
No, Bowman is not looking for a goaltender. While he admits the Blackhawks’ netminders could be better – Corey Crawford was pulled after allowing five on Thursday – he’s confident that they’ll rebound. He’s also not willing to make drastic changes.
Seeing borderline playoff contenders and non-contenders alike pouring goals in like crazy can make anyone start to worry. Everyone goes through slumps though, just not usually at the same time.
In the case of Crawford and Emery they’ve both had a rough go of things recently and unless things stay bad for the next few weeks, there’s no reason to make a panic move.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (111)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)