Feb 4, 2012, 12:15 PM EST
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been on the search for defense with no avail and after getting Brendan Morrison he feels set at forward. With the team mired in a five-game losing streak, however, the team’s troubles in goal have been exposed and some think they need to make a trade.
No, Bowman is not looking for a goaltender. While he admits the Blackhawks’ netminders could be better – Corey Crawford was pulled after allowing five on Thursday – he’s confident that they’ll rebound. He’s also not willing to make drastic changes.
Seeing borderline playoff contenders and non-contenders alike pouring goals in like crazy can make anyone start to worry. Everyone goes through slumps though, just not usually at the same time.
In the case of Crawford and Emery they’ve both had a rough go of things recently and unless things stay bad for the next few weeks, there’s no reason to make a panic move.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)