Feb 4, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been on the search for defense with no avail and after getting Brendan Morrison he feels set at forward. With the team mired in a five-game losing streak, however, the team’s troubles in goal have been exposed and some think they need to make a trade.
No, Bowman is not looking for a goaltender. While he admits the Blackhawks’ netminders could be better – Corey Crawford was pulled after allowing five on Thursday – he’s confident that they’ll rebound. He’s also not willing to make drastic changes.
Seeing borderline playoff contenders and non-contenders alike pouring goals in like crazy can make anyone start to worry. Everyone goes through slumps though, just not usually at the same time.
In the case of Crawford and Emery they’ve both had a rough go of things recently and unless things stay bad for the next few weeks, there’s no reason to make a panic move.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)