Feb 4, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman has been on the search for defense with no avail and after getting Brendan Morrison he feels set at forward. With the team mired in a five-game losing streak, however, the team’s troubles in goal have been exposed and some think they need to make a trade.
No, Bowman is not looking for a goaltender. While he admits the Blackhawks’ netminders could be better – Corey Crawford was pulled after allowing five on Thursday – he’s confident that they’ll rebound. He’s also not willing to make drastic changes.
Seeing borderline playoff contenders and non-contenders alike pouring goals in like crazy can make anyone start to worry. Everyone goes through slumps though, just not usually at the same time.
In the case of Crawford and Emery they’ve both had a rough go of things recently and unless things stay bad for the next few weeks, there’s no reason to make a panic move.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5