Feb 4, 2012, 10:04 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis’ 900th game in the NHL will go down as one of his finest. St. Louis had a hat trick to lead Tampa Bay to a 6-3 victory over Florida on Saturday. He beat Florida goaltender Scott Clemmensen twice in the second period before cashing in on an empty net in the dying seconds of the game.
St. Louis will turn 37 in June, but he definitely doesn’t play like it. He had one of the best seasons of his career in 2010-11 and he’s up there with Steven Stamkos as one of the Lightning’s top offensive threats again this season. Tampa Bay took a risk when they decided to sign him to a four-year/$22.5 million contract that runs through the 2014-15 season, but don’t be surprised if he ends up earning his pay even in the final year of that deal.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79