Feb 4, 2012, 10:04 PM EST
Martin St. Louis’ 900th game in the NHL will go down as one of his finest. St. Louis had a hat trick to lead Tampa Bay to a 6-3 victory over Florida on Saturday. He beat Florida goaltender Scott Clemmensen twice in the second period before cashing in on an empty net in the dying seconds of the game.
St. Louis will turn 37 in June, but he definitely doesn’t play like it. He had one of the best seasons of his career in 2010-11 and he’s up there with Steven Stamkos as one of the Lightning’s top offensive threats again this season. Tampa Bay took a risk when they decided to sign him to a four-year/$22.5 million contract that runs through the 2014-15 season, but don’t be surprised if he ends up earning his pay even in the final year of that deal.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54