Feb 4, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
Lifting weights and staying in shape is all part of the NHL routine. For Tampa Bay’s Marc-Andre Bergeron, it’s the reason he’s out of action once again with a back injury.
Bergeron tells Damian Cristodero of Lightning Strikes that lifting too hard and pushing himself too much to return to action is what helped keep him out of the Lightning lineup and it’s a mistake he made when injured last season too.
“It’s unfortunate and like I said, I should have known better,” Bergeron said. “But at the same time, you always do things with the right intentions and sometimes the results are unfortunate. You’re driving your car and you don’t want to crash it, but sometimes it happens.”
Bergeron wanting to hurry back and help the Lightning try to climb up the Eastern Conference standings is a noble move, but for a guy who was leading the team in points early in the season to make the same mistake twice, that’s pretty rough. The Lightning are getting healthy and Bergeron should be back soon, but next time he gets that itch to hurry back he’d be better off spending his time skating rather than lifting.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)