Feb 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EST
Jeff Carter doesn’t have a no-trade clause, according to what Eric Francis said on Hockey Night In Canada’s Hot Stove. That echoes what Columbus Dispatch’s writer Aaron Portzline tweeted Saturday evening. Carter would have had a no-trade clause had he remained with the Philadelphia Flyers, but it didn’t transfer over when the Blue Jackets acquired him over the summer.
That removes a potential wrinkle as the Blue Jackets attempt to trade Carter, but the question remains: Who would take him? Carter’s turbulent and injury filled season might be just as good as a no-trade clause, especially seeing as whoever takes him will be committing to him through the 2021-22 season. That being said, he might turn his season around in a hurry if he can get away from the dead last Blue Jackets.
One thing appears to be certain: if Carter doesn’t get traded before the Feb. 27 trade deadline, it won’t be because he refused to leave Columbus.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)