Feb 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Jeff Carter doesn’t have a no-trade clause, according to what Eric Francis said on Hockey Night In Canada’s Hot Stove. That echoes what Columbus Dispatch’s writer Aaron Portzline tweeted Saturday evening. Carter would have had a no-trade clause had he remained with the Philadelphia Flyers, but it didn’t transfer over when the Blue Jackets acquired him over the summer.
That removes a potential wrinkle as the Blue Jackets attempt to trade Carter, but the question remains: Who would take him? Carter’s turbulent and injury filled season might be just as good as a no-trade clause, especially seeing as whoever takes him will be committing to him through the 2021-22 season. That being said, he might turn his season around in a hurry if he can get away from the dead last Blue Jackets.
One thing appears to be certain: if Carter doesn’t get traded before the Feb. 27 trade deadline, it won’t be because he refused to leave Columbus.
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 18
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 38
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 71
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks