Feb 4, 2012, 9:23 PM EDT
Jeff Carter doesn’t have a no-trade clause, according to what Eric Francis said on Hockey Night In Canada’s Hot Stove. That echoes what Columbus Dispatch’s writer Aaron Portzline tweeted Saturday evening. Carter would have had a no-trade clause had he remained with the Philadelphia Flyers, but it didn’t transfer over when the Blue Jackets acquired him over the summer.
That removes a potential wrinkle as the Blue Jackets attempt to trade Carter, but the question remains: Who would take him? Carter’s turbulent and injury filled season might be just as good as a no-trade clause, especially seeing as whoever takes him will be committing to him through the 2021-22 season. That being said, he might turn his season around in a hurry if he can get away from the dead last Blue Jackets.
One thing appears to be certain: if Carter doesn’t get traded before the Feb. 27 trade deadline, it won’t be because he refused to leave Columbus.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)