Feb 4, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
How do you follow up a a 1-0 shutout victory over Pittsburgh? Well, if your James Reimer, you post a 49-save shutout against the rival Ottawa Senators.
Reimer lost the starting job to Jonas Gustavsson in January, but he’s doing everything in his power to take it back. If anyone is as hot as Reimer right now, it’s Edmonton’s Sam Gagner, who had an unreal eight points on Thursday and already has three points through the first period of Saturday’s game. Barring something unforeseen happening, like Gustavsson starting, Reimer and Gagner will put their hot streaks to the test in Monday’s game between the Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 24
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 8
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1