Feb 4, 2012, 11:05 PM EDT
How do you follow up a a 1-0 shutout victory over Pittsburgh? Well, if your James Reimer, you post a 49-save shutout against the rival Ottawa Senators.
Reimer lost the starting job to Jonas Gustavsson in January, but he’s doing everything in his power to take it back. If anyone is as hot as Reimer right now, it’s Edmonton’s Sam Gagner, who had an unreal eight points on Thursday and already has three points through the first period of Saturday’s game. Barring something unforeseen happening, like Gustavsson starting, Reimer and Gagner will put their hot streaks to the test in Monday’s game between the Edmonton Oilers and Toronto Maple Leafs.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18