Feb 4, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk has been having a monster season for the Devils but getting a Gordie Howe hat trick? That would seem pretty unlikely… Unless you’re the Philadelphia Flyers trying to hold him down today.
Kovalchuk scored a goal and added two assists in the Devils’ 6-4 win over the Flyers and Kovalchuk even played the role of enforcer when Brayden Schenn came calling. Kovalchuk and Schenn squared off and sure enough, Kovalchuk can handle his business.
Who knew that Ilya Kovalchuk would be the guy to score goals and throw fists for the Devils? Perhaps the next 13 years in New Jersey won’t be so bad.
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 45
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 68
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)