Feb 4, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
Ilya Kovalchuk has been having a monster season for the Devils but getting a Gordie Howe hat trick? That would seem pretty unlikely… Unless you’re the Philadelphia Flyers trying to hold him down today.
Kovalchuk scored a goal and added two assists in the Devils’ 6-4 win over the Flyers and Kovalchuk even played the role of enforcer when Brayden Schenn came calling. Kovalchuk and Schenn squared off and sure enough, Kovalchuk can handle his business.
Who knew that Ilya Kovalchuk would be the guy to score goals and throw fists for the Devils? Perhaps the next 13 years in New Jersey won’t be so bad.
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24