Feb 4, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
Ilya Kovalchuk has been having a monster season for the Devils but getting a Gordie Howe hat trick? That would seem pretty unlikely… Unless you’re the Philadelphia Flyers trying to hold him down today.
Kovalchuk scored a goal and added two assists in the Devils’ 6-4 win over the Flyers and Kovalchuk even played the role of enforcer when Brayden Schenn came calling. Kovalchuk and Schenn squared off and sure enough, Kovalchuk can handle his business.
Who knew that Ilya Kovalchuk would be the guy to score goals and throw fists for the Devils? Perhaps the next 13 years in New Jersey won’t be so bad.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)