Feb 4, 2012, 6:15 PM EST
Winnipeg Jets coach Claude Noel is starting to learn the harsh realities of what it’s like to coach the team that used to be called the Atlanta Thrashers. After last night’s loss to Florida, Noel couldn’t help but be frustrated about how the team played and how he just doesn’t have the horses needed to win.
Harvey Fialkov of the Florida Sun-Sentinel gets the word from Noel about how he wishes he had the superstar power to help them overcome adversity.
“Do I like the one goal we get every game? No,” said Noel. “Would I Iike to see it change? Yes. Do I coach that way? No. That’s what we have, but there’s still a way to win the games. We don’t have (Sidney) Crosby or (Evgeni) Malkin. We’ve got what we’ve got.
“Our team right now can’t give up 20 minutes of free freakin’ play and expect you’re gonna be able to win the game.”
Things will get better eventually, but for now it’s one of those slumps. Rather than being upset about what he doesn’t have, Noel should stay focused on how the Jets have a shot at making the postseason instead.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)