Feb 4, 2012, 6:45 PM EST
Nathan Horton has been out of action since January 22 since taking a shot in the head from Tom Sestito and his concussion is one of the things helping the Bruins stay down in the dumps of late. It’s not all bad news, however.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Bruins coach Claude Julien about how well Horton is doing and fortunately for the Bruins, things are progressing nicely but don’t expect Julien to hand out constant updates on his recovery.
“So far, so good,” said Julien when asked how the right winger responded to his first physicality activity with an elevated heartbeat since suffering a concussion from a Tom Sestito head shot against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 22. “It’s something I’m not going to comment on every day whether it’s going well or not going well. Right now it’s positive and we’ll leave it at that.”
All right so we can call off the “Horton Watch” for the time being, but getting Horton back into the lineup should help the Bruins feel whole again.
With Horton out of the lineup, Julien has had to try out other guys on his line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley has gotten the call of late, but he looks out of place. Until he returns, it’s a situation the Bruins are going to have to make the best of with the trade deadline approaching.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)