Feb 4, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Nathan Horton has been out of action since January 22 since taking a shot in the head from Tom Sestito and his concussion is one of the things helping the Bruins stay down in the dumps of late. It’s not all bad news, however.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Bruins coach Claude Julien about how well Horton is doing and fortunately for the Bruins, things are progressing nicely but don’t expect Julien to hand out constant updates on his recovery.
“So far, so good,” said Julien when asked how the right winger responded to his first physicality activity with an elevated heartbeat since suffering a concussion from a Tom Sestito head shot against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 22. “It’s something I’m not going to comment on every day whether it’s going well or not going well. Right now it’s positive and we’ll leave it at that.”
All right so we can call off the “Horton Watch” for the time being, but getting Horton back into the lineup should help the Bruins feel whole again.
With Horton out of the lineup, Julien has had to try out other guys on his line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley has gotten the call of late, but he looks out of place. Until he returns, it’s a situation the Bruins are going to have to make the best of with the trade deadline approaching.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)