Feb 4, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Nathan Horton has been out of action since January 22 since taking a shot in the head from Tom Sestito and his concussion is one of the things helping the Bruins stay down in the dumps of late. It’s not all bad news, however.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Bruins coach Claude Julien about how well Horton is doing and fortunately for the Bruins, things are progressing nicely but don’t expect Julien to hand out constant updates on his recovery.
“So far, so good,” said Julien when asked how the right winger responded to his first physicality activity with an elevated heartbeat since suffering a concussion from a Tom Sestito head shot against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 22. “It’s something I’m not going to comment on every day whether it’s going well or not going well. Right now it’s positive and we’ll leave it at that.”
All right so we can call off the “Horton Watch” for the time being, but getting Horton back into the lineup should help the Bruins feel whole again.
With Horton out of the lineup, Julien has had to try out other guys on his line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley has gotten the call of late, but he looks out of place. Until he returns, it’s a situation the Bruins are going to have to make the best of with the trade deadline approaching.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 23
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 37
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)