Feb 4, 2012, 6:45 PM EST
Nathan Horton has been out of action since January 22 since taking a shot in the head from Tom Sestito and his concussion is one of the things helping the Bruins stay down in the dumps of late. It’s not all bad news, however.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Bruins coach Claude Julien about how well Horton is doing and fortunately for the Bruins, things are progressing nicely but don’t expect Julien to hand out constant updates on his recovery.
“So far, so good,” said Julien when asked how the right winger responded to his first physicality activity with an elevated heartbeat since suffering a concussion from a Tom Sestito head shot against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 22. “It’s something I’m not going to comment on every day whether it’s going well or not going well. Right now it’s positive and we’ll leave it at that.”
All right so we can call off the “Horton Watch” for the time being, but getting Horton back into the lineup should help the Bruins feel whole again.
With Horton out of the lineup, Julien has had to try out other guys on his line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley has gotten the call of late, but he looks out of place. Until he returns, it’s a situation the Bruins are going to have to make the best of with the trade deadline approaching.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 13
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 30
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)