Feb 4, 2012, 6:45 PM EDT
Nathan Horton has been out of action since January 22 since taking a shot in the head from Tom Sestito and his concussion is one of the things helping the Bruins stay down in the dumps of late. It’s not all bad news, however.
CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty hears from Bruins coach Claude Julien about how well Horton is doing and fortunately for the Bruins, things are progressing nicely but don’t expect Julien to hand out constant updates on his recovery.
“So far, so good,” said Julien when asked how the right winger responded to his first physicality activity with an elevated heartbeat since suffering a concussion from a Tom Sestito head shot against the Philadelphia Flyers on Jan. 22. “It’s something I’m not going to comment on every day whether it’s going well or not going well. Right now it’s positive and we’ll leave it at that.”
All right so we can call off the “Horton Watch” for the time being, but getting Horton back into the lineup should help the Bruins feel whole again.
With Horton out of the lineup, Julien has had to try out other guys on his line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley has gotten the call of late, but he looks out of place. Until he returns, it’s a situation the Bruins are going to have to make the best of with the trade deadline approaching.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 19
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4