Feb 4, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
The Bruins have alternated wins and losses for their last ten games and seeing inconsistency like that has been rare for them this season. When losses pile up, the excuses start to creep up from all areas, but one Bruins player isn’t having that.
Forward Chris Kelly tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he doesn’t want to hear any complaining from anyone in Boston and would rather get back to doing things the way they know how to win.
“Back-to-back games . . . road trips . . . if we’re even thinking of using that as an excuse, we need to get that right out of our minds,” said the veteran forward. “We’re not doing the basic things that have made us a good hockey team.”
Kelly says the Bruins need to use their immense talent and get back to outworking teams. Playing without Nathan Horton of late has made things tricky for Boston, but the effort level truly hasn’t been there as much lately. With back-to-back games this weekend against Pittsburgh and Washington, if that effort level doesn’t return the inconsistency woes won’t be going away.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)