Feb 4, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
The Bruins have alternated wins and losses for their last ten games and seeing inconsistency like that has been rare for them this season. When losses pile up, the excuses start to creep up from all areas, but one Bruins player isn’t having that.
Forward Chris Kelly tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he doesn’t want to hear any complaining from anyone in Boston and would rather get back to doing things the way they know how to win.
“Back-to-back games . . . road trips . . . if we’re even thinking of using that as an excuse, we need to get that right out of our minds,” said the veteran forward. “We’re not doing the basic things that have made us a good hockey team.”
Kelly says the Bruins need to use their immense talent and get back to outworking teams. Playing without Nathan Horton of late has made things tricky for Boston, but the effort level truly hasn’t been there as much lately. With back-to-back games this weekend against Pittsburgh and Washington, if that effort level doesn’t return the inconsistency woes won’t be going away.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)