Feb 4, 2012, 10:38 AM EDT
The Bruins have alternated wins and losses for their last ten games and seeing inconsistency like that has been rare for them this season. When losses pile up, the excuses start to creep up from all areas, but one Bruins player isn’t having that.
Forward Chris Kelly tells CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty that he doesn’t want to hear any complaining from anyone in Boston and would rather get back to doing things the way they know how to win.
“Back-to-back games . . . road trips . . . if we’re even thinking of using that as an excuse, we need to get that right out of our minds,” said the veteran forward. “We’re not doing the basic things that have made us a good hockey team.”
Kelly says the Bruins need to use their immense talent and get back to outworking teams. Playing without Nathan Horton of late has made things tricky for Boston, but the effort level truly hasn’t been there as much lately. With back-to-back games this weekend against Pittsburgh and Washington, if that effort level doesn’t return the inconsistency woes won’t be going away.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)