Feb 3, 2012, 6:38 PM EDT
Remember the scene in The Natural when the sports psychologist is brought in to talk to the Knights?
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it…”What is losing?”
Losing is a disease…as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as bubonic plague…
Yeah, I think the Habs just got the same speech.
The Montreal Gazette reports the Canadiens had a session with sports shrink David Scott this morning before practice.
Lars Eller wouldn’t reveal particulars of Scott’s message to the players, beyond allowing the consultant said “some really good things we can take with us.”
In November, Scott spoke to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes on the subject of confidence, which he believes is the “single most important mental skill in the game. Not just in the game, but, probably, in life.”
No truth to the rumor Scott was traded to Calgary after accusing the Habs of having a losing mentality.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 59
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 44
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)