Feb 3, 2012, 6:38 PM EST
Remember the scene in The Natural when the sports psychologist is brought in to talk to the Knights?
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it…”What is losing?”
Losing is a disease…as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as bubonic plague…
Yeah, I think the Habs just got the same speech.
The Montreal Gazette reports the Canadiens had a session with sports shrink David Scott this morning before practice.
Lars Eller wouldn’t reveal particulars of Scott’s message to the players, beyond allowing the consultant said “some really good things we can take with us.”
In November, Scott spoke to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes on the subject of confidence, which he believes is the “single most important mental skill in the game. Not just in the game, but, probably, in life.”
No truth to the rumor Scott was traded to Calgary after accusing the Habs of having a losing mentality.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)