Feb 3, 2012, 6:38 PM EDT
Remember the scene in The Natural when the sports psychologist is brought in to talk to the Knights?
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it…”What is losing?”
Losing is a disease…as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as bubonic plague…
Yeah, I think the Habs just got the same speech.
The Montreal Gazette reports the Canadiens had a session with sports shrink David Scott this morning before practice.
Lars Eller wouldn’t reveal particulars of Scott’s message to the players, beyond allowing the consultant said “some really good things we can take with us.”
In November, Scott spoke to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes on the subject of confidence, which he believes is the “single most important mental skill in the game. Not just in the game, but, probably, in life.”
No truth to the rumor Scott was traded to Calgary after accusing the Habs of having a losing mentality.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 45
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)