Feb 3, 2012, 6:38 PM EST
Remember the scene in The Natural when the sports psychologist is brought in to talk to the Knights?
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it…”What is losing?”
Losing is a disease…as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as bubonic plague…
Yeah, I think the Habs just got the same speech.
The Montreal Gazette reports the Canadiens had a session with sports shrink David Scott this morning before practice.
Lars Eller wouldn’t reveal particulars of Scott’s message to the players, beyond allowing the consultant said “some really good things we can take with us.”
In November, Scott spoke to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes on the subject of confidence, which he believes is the “single most important mental skill in the game. Not just in the game, but, probably, in life.”
No truth to the rumor Scott was traded to Calgary after accusing the Habs of having a losing mentality.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11