Feb 3, 2012, 6:38 PM EDT
Remember the scene in The Natural when the sports psychologist is brought in to talk to the Knights?
The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it…”What is losing?”
Losing is a disease…as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease…as contagious as bubonic plague…
Yeah, I think the Habs just got the same speech.
The Montreal Gazette reports the Canadiens had a session with sports shrink David Scott this morning before practice.
Lars Eller wouldn’t reveal particulars of Scott’s message to the players, beyond allowing the consultant said “some really good things we can take with us.”
In November, Scott spoke to the OHL’s Peterborough Petes on the subject of confidence, which he believes is the “single most important mental skill in the game. Not just in the game, but, probably, in life.”
No truth to the rumor Scott was traded to Calgary after accusing the Habs of having a losing mentality.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)