Feb 3, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
When Toronto’s Darryl Sittler scored 10 points (6 goals, 4 assists) on Feb. 7, 1976, there was a rather famous hockey personality seething behind the opposing team’s bench.
Here’s former Bruins coach Don Cherry recalling that record-breaking night at Maple Leaf Gardens. And if you buy what Grapes is selling, Sam Gagner just totally screwed the Oilers.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40