Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
A funny thing happened to the Sharks on their way to a 5-2 win over Dallas on Thursday night.
Stars agitator extraordinaire Steve Ott got credit for the goal, his eighth of the season.
While the gaffe didn’t end up being costly in a game sense, it was noteworthy for two reasons: One, the goal snapped San Jose’s 196:20 shutout streak (the Sharks hadn’t allowed a goal since Jan. 23.)
Two? It was Boyle scoring the own goal, and Boyle kind of has a history in that department.
Here’s his infamous own goal during the opening round of the 2010 playoffs, ending a scoreless overtime game against Colorado:
And in a similar vein, albeit far less egregious, here’s Boyle knocking a puck into his own goal…off his face:
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)