Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EST
A funny thing happened to the Sharks on their way to a 5-2 win over Dallas on Thursday night.
Stars agitator extraordinaire Steve Ott got credit for the goal, his eighth of the season.
While the gaffe didn’t end up being costly in a game sense, it was noteworthy for two reasons: One, the goal snapped San Jose’s 196:20 shutout streak (the Sharks hadn’t allowed a goal since Jan. 23.)
Two? It was Boyle scoring the own goal, and Boyle kind of has a history in that department.
Here’s his infamous own goal during the opening round of the 2010 playoffs, ending a scoreless overtime game against Colorado:
And in a similar vein, albeit far less egregious, here’s Boyle knocking a puck into his own goal…off his face:
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)