Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
A funny thing happened to the Sharks on their way to a 5-2 win over Dallas on Thursday night.
Stars agitator extraordinaire Steve Ott got credit for the goal, his eighth of the season.
While the gaffe didn’t end up being costly in a game sense, it was noteworthy for two reasons: One, the goal snapped San Jose’s 196:20 shutout streak (the Sharks hadn’t allowed a goal since Jan. 23.)
Two? It was Boyle scoring the own goal, and Boyle kind of has a history in that department.
Here’s his infamous own goal during the opening round of the 2010 playoffs, ending a scoreless overtime game against Colorado:
And in a similar vein, albeit far less egregious, here’s Boyle knocking a puck into his own goal…off his face:
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)