Feb 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
A funny thing happened to the Sharks on their way to a 5-2 win over Dallas on Thursday night.
Stars agitator extraordinaire Steve Ott got credit for the goal, his eighth of the season.
While the gaffe didn’t end up being costly in a game sense, it was noteworthy for two reasons: One, the goal snapped San Jose’s 196:20 shutout streak (the Sharks hadn’t allowed a goal since Jan. 23.)
Two? It was Boyle scoring the own goal, and Boyle kind of has a history in that department.
Here’s his infamous own goal during the opening round of the 2010 playoffs, ending a scoreless overtime game against Colorado:
And in a similar vein, albeit far less egregious, here’s Boyle knocking a puck into his own goal…off his face:
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 0
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 1
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 29
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires