Feb 3, 2012, 9:57 PM EST
The Dallas Stars enjoyed having their captain Brenden Morrow back for two games in February, but the team announced that he’s back on the injured reserve again. Mike Heika indicates that the back and neck issues that have been hounding Morrow much of this season are acting up again.
The Stars recalled young winger Tomas Vincour to take his place (or at least give the team wiggle room to shuffle forwards around). Vincour’s been in and out of the Stars lineup, but he’s certainly not at the point in his career to replace Morrow’s production.
This has been a rough year for Morrow, especially after scoring a career-high 33 goals last season. There’s even been some trade talk regarding the Stars captain, although it’s tough to imagine that being a good move for a franchise that is trying to draw fans back after struggling at the box office in the post-Modano era.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 27
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)