Feb 3, 2012, 9:57 PM EST
The Dallas Stars enjoyed having their captain Brenden Morrow back for two games in February, but the team announced that he’s back on the injured reserve again. Mike Heika indicates that the back and neck issues that have been hounding Morrow much of this season are acting up again.
The Stars recalled young winger Tomas Vincour to take his place (or at least give the team wiggle room to shuffle forwards around). Vincour’s been in and out of the Stars lineup, but he’s certainly not at the point in his career to replace Morrow’s production.
This has been a rough year for Morrow, especially after scoring a career-high 33 goals last season. There’s even been some trade talk regarding the Stars captain, although it’s tough to imagine that being a good move for a franchise that is trying to draw fans back after struggling at the box office in the post-Modano era.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)