Feb 3, 2012, 9:57 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars enjoyed having their captain Brenden Morrow back for two games in February, but the team announced that he’s back on the injured reserve again. Mike Heika indicates that the back and neck issues that have been hounding Morrow much of this season are acting up again.
The Stars recalled young winger Tomas Vincour to take his place (or at least give the team wiggle room to shuffle forwards around). Vincour’s been in and out of the Stars lineup, but he’s certainly not at the point in his career to replace Morrow’s production.
This has been a rough year for Morrow, especially after scoring a career-high 33 goals last season. There’s even been some trade talk regarding the Stars captain, although it’s tough to imagine that being a good move for a franchise that is trying to draw fans back after struggling at the box office in the post-Modano era.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (92)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)