Feb 3, 2012, 9:57 PM EST
The Dallas Stars enjoyed having their captain Brenden Morrow back for two games in February, but the team announced that he’s back on the injured reserve again. Mike Heika indicates that the back and neck issues that have been hounding Morrow much of this season are acting up again.
The Stars recalled young winger Tomas Vincour to take his place (or at least give the team wiggle room to shuffle forwards around). Vincour’s been in and out of the Stars lineup, but he’s certainly not at the point in his career to replace Morrow’s production.
This has been a rough year for Morrow, especially after scoring a career-high 33 goals last season. There’s even been some trade talk regarding the Stars captain, although it’s tough to imagine that being a good move for a franchise that is trying to draw fans back after struggling at the box office in the post-Modano era.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)