Feb 3, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
Poor Joel Rechlicz – turns out he won’t get a chance to beat up Rene Bourque. The Capitals put the tough guy on waivers today, reports CSNWashington.com. If no NHL team picks him up, he’ll be back with the AHL’s Hershey Bears.
Yesterday Rechlicz said he was looking forward to Saturday’s game versus the Habs. As you’ll recall, Bourque – specifically the elbow part of Bourque – is the reason Caps leading scorer Nicklas Backstrom is out with a concussion.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 11
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 28
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11