Feb 3, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
Poor Joel Rechlicz – turns out he won’t get a chance to beat up Rene Bourque. The Capitals put the tough guy on waivers today, reports CSNWashington.com. If no NHL team picks him up, he’ll be back with the AHL’s Hershey Bears.
Yesterday Rechlicz said he was looking forward to Saturday’s game versus the Habs. As you’ll recall, Bourque – specifically the elbow part of Bourque – is the reason Caps leading scorer Nicklas Backstrom is out with a concussion.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38