Feb 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EST
This just in from the San Jose Sharks:
WHAT: Former Sharks captain Owen Nolan will make an announcement regarding the future of his hockey career.
WHEN: Tues., Feb. 7, at 2:30 p.m. (PDT)
WHERE: The Grill at HP Pavilion
WHO: Owen Nolan, Doug Wilson, and “special guests”
And why? The Sharks didn’t include that part, but the speculation is Nolan will formally retire.
The 39-year-old hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010. He tried out with the Canucks in the fall, but was released.
Nolan was selected first overall in 1990 by the Quebec Nordiques. He spent eight seasons with the Sharks from 1995 to 2003, scoring 206 goals and 245 assists (not including the playoffs).
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)