Feb 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
This just in from the San Jose Sharks:
WHAT: Former Sharks captain Owen Nolan will make an announcement regarding the future of his hockey career.
WHEN: Tues., Feb. 7, at 2:30 p.m. (PDT)
WHERE: The Grill at HP Pavilion
WHO: Owen Nolan, Doug Wilson, and “special guests”
And why? The Sharks didn’t include that part, but the speculation is Nolan will formally retire.
The 39-year-old hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010. He tried out with the Canucks in the fall, but was released.
Nolan was selected first overall in 1990 by the Quebec Nordiques. He spent eight seasons with the Sharks from 1995 to 2003, scoring 206 goals and 245 assists (not including the playoffs).
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 43
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 79
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1