Feb 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
This just in from the San Jose Sharks:
WHAT: Former Sharks captain Owen Nolan will make an announcement regarding the future of his hockey career.
WHEN: Tues., Feb. 7, at 2:30 p.m. (PDT)
WHERE: The Grill at HP Pavilion
WHO: Owen Nolan, Doug Wilson, and “special guests”
And why? The Sharks didn’t include that part, but the speculation is Nolan will formally retire.
The 39-year-old hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010. He tried out with the Canucks in the fall, but was released.
Nolan was selected first overall in 1990 by the Quebec Nordiques. He spent eight seasons with the Sharks from 1995 to 2003, scoring 206 goals and 245 assists (not including the playoffs).
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 4
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 32
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 21
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)