Feb 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
This just in from the San Jose Sharks:
WHAT: Former Sharks captain Owen Nolan will make an announcement regarding the future of his hockey career.
WHEN: Tues., Feb. 7, at 2:30 p.m. (PDT)
WHERE: The Grill at HP Pavilion
WHO: Owen Nolan, Doug Wilson, and “special guests”
And why? The Sharks didn’t include that part, but the speculation is Nolan will formally retire.
The 39-year-old hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010. He tried out with the Canucks in the fall, but was released.
Nolan was selected first overall in 1990 by the Quebec Nordiques. He spent eight seasons with the Sharks from 1995 to 2003, scoring 206 goals and 245 assists (not including the playoffs).
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 37
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 31
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 26
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)