Feb 3, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
This just in from the San Jose Sharks:
WHAT: Former Sharks captain Owen Nolan will make an announcement regarding the future of his hockey career.
WHEN: Tues., Feb. 7, at 2:30 p.m. (PDT)
WHERE: The Grill at HP Pavilion
WHO: Owen Nolan, Doug Wilson, and “special guests”
And why? The Sharks didn’t include that part, but the speculation is Nolan will formally retire.
The 39-year-old hasn’t played in the NHL since 2010. He tried out with the Canucks in the fall, but was released.
Nolan was selected first overall in 1990 by the Quebec Nordiques. He spent eight seasons with the Sharks from 1995 to 2003, scoring 206 goals and 245 assists (not including the playoffs).
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 22
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)