Feb 2, 2012, 5:23 PM EST
The Washington Capitals made a pair of deals on Thursday involving four minor-league players.
The first trade saw Washington send RW Matt Ford to Philadelphia in exchange for defenseman Kevin Marshall. Ford has yet to play in an NHL contest while Marshall appeared in 10 games for the Flyers this season and had a sweet dancing cameo during HBO’s 24/7:
The second deal saw the Caps flip Danny Richmond to Colorado for center Mike Carman. Richmond has 49 games of NHL experience with the Carolina Hurricanes and Chicago Blackhawks, while Carman thrice represented Team USA at the World Junior Championships (from 2006-08.)
Both Marshall and Carman will report to the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League, according to Caps GM George McPhee.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35