Feb 2, 2012, 11:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils-Montreal Canadiens game featured some hard hits, including a (by most-if-not-all accounts) clean one by P.K. Subban on Adam Larsson. In a rare moment, Patrik Elias caught Michael Blunden with a check that might get some attention from the NHL:
Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski makes an interesting observation: Elias is a former teammate of the league’s head of discipline Brendan Shanahan.
One cannot wonder if that – or most likely, Elias’ notably clean record – will factor into the decision-making process regarding this hit. Still, it seems like it deserves a look; do you think Elias deserves a fine, suspension or no punishment at all?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25