Feb 2, 2012, 11:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils-Montreal Canadiens game featured some hard hits, including a (by most-if-not-all accounts) clean one by P.K. Subban on Adam Larsson. In a rare moment, Patrik Elias caught Michael Blunden with a check that might get some attention from the NHL:
Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski makes an interesting observation: Elias is a former teammate of the league’s head of discipline Brendan Shanahan.
One cannot wonder if that – or most likely, Elias’ notably clean record – will factor into the decision-making process regarding this hit. Still, it seems like it deserves a look; do you think Elias deserves a fine, suspension or no punishment at all?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5