Feb 2, 2012, 11:08 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils-Montreal Canadiens game featured some hard hits, including a (by most-if-not-all accounts) clean one by P.K. Subban on Adam Larsson. In a rare moment, Patrik Elias caught Michael Blunden with a check that might get some attention from the NHL:
Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski makes an interesting observation: Elias is a former teammate of the league’s head of discipline Brendan Shanahan.
One cannot wonder if that – or most likely, Elias’ notably clean record – will factor into the decision-making process regarding this hit. Still, it seems like it deserves a look; do you think Elias deserves a fine, suspension or no punishment at all?
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 23
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 40
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 24
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 58
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6