Feb 2, 2012, 11:08 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils-Montreal Canadiens game featured some hard hits, including a (by most-if-not-all accounts) clean one by P.K. Subban on Adam Larsson. In a rare moment, Patrik Elias caught Michael Blunden with a check that might get some attention from the NHL:
Puck Daddy’s Greg Wyshynski makes an interesting observation: Elias is a former teammate of the league’s head of discipline Brendan Shanahan.
One cannot wonder if that – or most likely, Elias’ notably clean record – will factor into the decision-making process regarding this hit. Still, it seems like it deserves a look; do you think Elias deserves a fine, suspension or no punishment at all?
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9