Feb 2, 2012, 1:32 PM EST
Washington defenseman Mike Green skated for the third straight day today and says his recovery is right on schedule following sports-hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago.
“Mentally, I feel great,” he told reporters after hitting the ice for 25 minutes in full gear. “At least I have an end date where I should be better and that’s comforting.”
Before Green went under the knife, the Capitals said he’d miss 4-6 weeks, so it’s entirely possible — if not likely — he’ll be playing again sometime in February.
Washington could use him back as soon as possible. The team fell one point out of a playoff spot with last night’s loss to Florida.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 94
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (94)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)