Feb 2, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Washington defenseman Mike Green skated for the third straight day today and says his recovery is right on schedule following sports-hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago.
“Mentally, I feel great,” he told reporters after hitting the ice for 25 minutes in full gear. “At least I have an end date where I should be better and that’s comforting.”
Before Green went under the knife, the Capitals said he’d miss 4-6 weeks, so it’s entirely possible — if not likely — he’ll be playing again sometime in February.
Washington could use him back as soon as possible. The team fell one point out of a playoff spot with last night’s loss to Florida.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 6
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 10
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 36
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)