Feb 2, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Washington defenseman Mike Green skated for the third straight day today and says his recovery is right on schedule following sports-hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago.
“Mentally, I feel great,” he told reporters after hitting the ice for 25 minutes in full gear. “At least I have an end date where I should be better and that’s comforting.”
Before Green went under the knife, the Capitals said he’d miss 4-6 weeks, so it’s entirely possible — if not likely — he’ll be playing again sometime in February.
Washington could use him back as soon as possible. The team fell one point out of a playoff spot with last night’s loss to Florida.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32