Feb 2, 2012, 1:32 PM EST
Washington defenseman Mike Green skated for the third straight day today and says his recovery is right on schedule following sports-hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago.
“Mentally, I feel great,” he told reporters after hitting the ice for 25 minutes in full gear. “At least I have an end date where I should be better and that’s comforting.”
Before Green went under the knife, the Capitals said he’d miss 4-6 weeks, so it’s entirely possible — if not likely — he’ll be playing again sometime in February.
Washington could use him back as soon as possible. The team fell one point out of a playoff spot with last night’s loss to Florida.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8