Feb 2, 2012, 1:32 PM EST
Washington defenseman Mike Green skated for the third straight day today and says his recovery is right on schedule following sports-hernia surgery a couple of weeks ago.
“Mentally, I feel great,” he told reporters after hitting the ice for 25 minutes in full gear. “At least I have an end date where I should be better and that’s comforting.”
Before Green went under the knife, the Capitals said he’d miss 4-6 weeks, so it’s entirely possible — if not likely — he’ll be playing again sometime in February.
Washington could use him back as soon as possible. The team fell one point out of a playoff spot with last night’s loss to Florida.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 25
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 8
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)