Feb 2, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
Are we about to see another prime trade candidate come off the market by signing an extension with his current club? That’s the speculation in Toronto, where Mikhail Grabovski’s agent, Gary Greenstin, is in town to visit his client and possibly meet with Leafs management.
As reported by the Toronto Sun, when Greenstin was asked if he’d be speaking with GM Brian Burke, he replied: “You’ll see. I usually don’t make comments during negotiations. But I will say that Mikhail loves Toronto and the organization and would like to stay.
“Brian Burke has to do the best for the team. I have to do the best for my player. Right now, the best for my player is to stay with the Leafs.”
If the Leafs are willing to talk extension with the pending UFA, Grabovski couldn’t have picked a better time to get hot. The 28-year-old has nine points in his last four games and was just named the NHL’s first star of the week.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)