Feb 2, 2012, 10:04 AM EST
Are we about to see another prime trade candidate come off the market by signing an extension with his current club? That’s the speculation in Toronto, where Mikhail Grabovski’s agent, Gary Greenstin, is in town to visit his client and possibly meet with Leafs management.
As reported by the Toronto Sun, when Greenstin was asked if he’d be speaking with GM Brian Burke, he replied: “You’ll see. I usually don’t make comments during negotiations. But I will say that Mikhail loves Toronto and the organization and would like to stay.
“Brian Burke has to do the best for the team. I have to do the best for my player. Right now, the best for my player is to stay with the Leafs.”
If the Leafs are willing to talk extension with the pending UFA, Grabovski couldn’t have picked a better time to get hot. The 28-year-old has nine points in his last four games and was just named the NHL’s first star of the week.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8