Feb 2, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are one of the teams in the Western Conference that could potentially miss out on a playoff spot because the Los Angeles Kings earned a point it appears they should’ve been forced to earn in overtime or a shootout. However, that’s not something Jay Feaster will waste time thinking about.
When asked to comment, Calgary’s general manager refused to complain about last night’s clock error that allowed the Kings to beat Columbus after regulation time should’ve already expired.
“It is our understanding the NHL is already investigating this matter.” Feaster said. “Moreover, as Colin Campbell was quoted as saying, once the game is over it is over. There is nothing the NHL is going to do, or can do, to correct the situation if, indeed, there was a mistake made in that game.
“Rather than crying over what happened in a game in which we did not take part, our time and energies are devoted to our own team and doing everything we can to win the games we play and in so doing qualify for the post-season. We sincerely believe that is a much better and more efficient use of our time and effort.”
The Flames sit eight points back of the Kings in the Western Conference, so chances are Calgary will finish more than a point back of L.A. anyway.
Of course, maybe if the standings were a little closer and the remaining games fewer, Feaster wouldn’t be so diplomatic about things.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)