Feb 2, 2012, 2:08 PM EST
The Calgary Flames are one of the teams in the Western Conference that could potentially miss out on a playoff spot because the Los Angeles Kings earned a point it appears they should’ve been forced to earn in overtime or a shootout. However, that’s not something Jay Feaster will waste time thinking about.
When asked to comment, Calgary’s general manager refused to complain about last night’s clock error that allowed the Kings to beat Columbus after regulation time should’ve already expired.
“It is our understanding the NHL is already investigating this matter.” Feaster said. “Moreover, as Colin Campbell was quoted as saying, once the game is over it is over. There is nothing the NHL is going to do, or can do, to correct the situation if, indeed, there was a mistake made in that game.
“Rather than crying over what happened in a game in which we did not take part, our time and energies are devoted to our own team and doing everything we can to win the games we play and in so doing qualify for the post-season. We sincerely believe that is a much better and more efficient use of our time and effort.”
The Flames sit eight points back of the Kings in the Western Conference, so chances are Calgary will finish more than a point back of L.A. anyway.
Of course, maybe if the standings were a little closer and the remaining games fewer, Feaster wouldn’t be so diplomatic about things.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)