Feb 2, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are one of the teams in the Western Conference that could potentially miss out on a playoff spot because the Los Angeles Kings earned a point it appears they should’ve been forced to earn in overtime or a shootout. However, that’s not something Jay Feaster will waste time thinking about.
When asked to comment, Calgary’s general manager refused to complain about last night’s clock error that allowed the Kings to beat Columbus after regulation time should’ve already expired.
“It is our understanding the NHL is already investigating this matter.” Feaster said. “Moreover, as Colin Campbell was quoted as saying, once the game is over it is over. There is nothing the NHL is going to do, or can do, to correct the situation if, indeed, there was a mistake made in that game.
“Rather than crying over what happened in a game in which we did not take part, our time and energies are devoted to our own team and doing everything we can to win the games we play and in so doing qualify for the post-season. We sincerely believe that is a much better and more efficient use of our time and effort.”
The Flames sit eight points back of the Kings in the Western Conference, so chances are Calgary will finish more than a point back of L.A. anyway.
Of course, maybe if the standings were a little closer and the remaining games fewer, Feaster wouldn’t be so diplomatic about things.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 30
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)