Feb 2, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames are one of the teams in the Western Conference that could potentially miss out on a playoff spot because the Los Angeles Kings earned a point it appears they should’ve been forced to earn in overtime or a shootout. However, that’s not something Jay Feaster will waste time thinking about.
When asked to comment, Calgary’s general manager refused to complain about last night’s clock error that allowed the Kings to beat Columbus after regulation time should’ve already expired.
“It is our understanding the NHL is already investigating this matter.” Feaster said. “Moreover, as Colin Campbell was quoted as saying, once the game is over it is over. There is nothing the NHL is going to do, or can do, to correct the situation if, indeed, there was a mistake made in that game.
“Rather than crying over what happened in a game in which we did not take part, our time and energies are devoted to our own team and doing everything we can to win the games we play and in so doing qualify for the post-season. We sincerely believe that is a much better and more efficient use of our time and effort.”
The Flames sit eight points back of the Kings in the Western Conference, so chances are Calgary will finish more than a point back of L.A. anyway.
Of course, maybe if the standings were a little closer and the remaining games fewer, Feaster wouldn’t be so diplomatic about things.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)