Feb 2, 2012, 1:42 PM EST
While his month was filled with fine performances, Hodgon’s (arguably) best effort came in a 4-3 win over defending Stanley Cup champs Boston. He assisted on Vancouver’s second goal and scored the game-winner, a rocket shot that whistled past reigning Vezina and Conn Smythe Trophy winner Tim Thomas:
Hodgson followed that up with an equally impressive performance against San Jose, scoring two goals in Vancouver’s 4-3 win while once again potting the game-winner. That moved Hodgson into a tie for second in rookie GWGs, one off the lead.
Also of note: The 21-year-old Toronto native is now on 30 points, becoming the highest-scoring Canucks rookie since 2000-01, when Daniel and Henrik Sedin compiled 34 and 29 points, respectively. The franchise record for rookie scoring is 60 points, held by two players — Ivan Hlinka (1981-82) and Pavel Bure (1991-92).
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 4
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 6
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 25
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7