Feb 2, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT
While his month was filled with fine performances, Hodgon’s (arguably) best effort came in a 4-3 win over defending Stanley Cup champs Boston. He assisted on Vancouver’s second goal and scored the game-winner, a rocket shot that whistled past reigning Vezina and Conn Smythe Trophy winner Tim Thomas:
Hodgson followed that up with an equally impressive performance against San Jose, scoring two goals in Vancouver’s 4-3 win while once again potting the game-winner. That moved Hodgson into a tie for second in rookie GWGs, one off the lead.
Also of note: The 21-year-old Toronto native is now on 30 points, becoming the highest-scoring Canucks rookie since 2000-01, when Daniel and Henrik Sedin compiled 34 and 29 points, respectively. The franchise record for rookie scoring is 60 points, held by two players — Ivan Hlinka (1981-82) and Pavel Bure (1991-92).
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63