Feb 1, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Former Nashville Predator Alex Radulov — now plying his trade for KHL squad Salavat Yulaev Ufa — has been lighting up message boards lately thanks to this viral video offering:
Details surrounding the incident are sketchy. Radulov’s played in 42 of Salavat Yulaev’s 46 games this season, including seven times in the last two weeks, and a recent RIA Novosti story said he was skipping an upcoming Euro Hockey Tour in Sweden to “recuperate after a tough sequence of games with his club.”
That said, the article suggested Radulov’s break was to recover from a heavy workload, not deal with impending assault charges.
As for the target of said slash — it appears to be Salavat goalkeeping coach Ilari Nackel, who must have a face made of granite or something. Nackel is Finnish, mind you. They’re a very stoic people.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 17
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25