Feb 1, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Former Nashville Predator Alex Radulov — now plying his trade for KHL squad Salavat Yulaev Ufa — has been lighting up message boards lately thanks to this viral video offering:
Details surrounding the incident are sketchy. Radulov’s played in 42 of Salavat Yulaev’s 46 games this season, including seven times in the last two weeks, and a recent RIA Novosti story said he was skipping an upcoming Euro Hockey Tour in Sweden to “recuperate after a tough sequence of games with his club.”
That said, the article suggested Radulov’s break was to recover from a heavy workload, not deal with impending assault charges.
As for the target of said slash — it appears to be Salavat goalkeeping coach Ilari Nackel, who must have a face made of granite or something. Nackel is Finnish, mind you. They’re a very stoic people.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34