Feb 1, 2012, 2:41 PM EDT
Former Nashville Predator Alex Radulov — now plying his trade for KHL squad Salavat Yulaev Ufa — has been lighting up message boards lately thanks to this viral video offering:
Details surrounding the incident are sketchy. Radulov’s played in 42 of Salavat Yulaev’s 46 games this season, including seven times in the last two weeks, and a recent RIA Novosti story said he was skipping an upcoming Euro Hockey Tour in Sweden to “recuperate after a tough sequence of games with his club.”
That said, the article suggested Radulov’s break was to recover from a heavy workload, not deal with impending assault charges.
As for the target of said slash — it appears to be Salavat goalkeeping coach Ilari Nackel, who must have a face made of granite or something. Nackel is Finnish, mind you. They’re a very stoic people.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5