Feb 1, 2012, 2:41 PM EST
Former Nashville Predator Alex Radulov — now plying his trade for KHL squad Salavat Yulaev Ufa — has been lighting up message boards lately thanks to this viral video offering:
Details surrounding the incident are sketchy. Radulov’s played in 42 of Salavat Yulaev’s 46 games this season, including seven times in the last two weeks, and a recent RIA Novosti story said he was skipping an upcoming Euro Hockey Tour in Sweden to “recuperate after a tough sequence of games with his club.”
That said, the article suggested Radulov’s break was to recover from a heavy workload, not deal with impending assault charges.
As for the target of said slash — it appears to be Salavat goalkeeping coach Ilari Nackel, who must have a face made of granite or something. Nackel is Finnish, mind you. They’re a very stoic people.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12