Feb 1, 2012, 1:12 PM EST
Tuesday was not an especially good day for the Minnesota Wild.
The Wild blew a three-goal, third period lead in spectacular fashion as Nashville scored four times in the final 11 minutes en route to a 5-4 loss.
Some postgame reactions from the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
“I’m in shock still,”
— Justin Faulk.
“If you’ve ever been punched in the stomach really hard, that’s pretty much what that one feels like,”
— Mike Yeo.
“There’s no way in 100 years we should have lost that game,”
— Josh Harding.
On a night where there were plenty of Wild players wearing goat horns, Harding donned them like a champ. Here’s Nashville’s game-winning tally, courtesy of Mike Fisher, who looks quite bemused for a guy that just capped an all-time comeback:
Harding spoke about the stinker following the game.
“Awful goal. Probably one of the worst I’ve given up in my life,” Harding said. “No excuses, no nothing. That one’s on me. Just inexcusable. I lost this one for the team.”
For a team desperate to stay in the playoff picture — the Wild are in eighth spot in the West with 55 points — the loss was a crushing blow. Minnesota is just one-point up on ninth-place Colorado and three up on Dallas, Calgary and Phoenix with the Stars having only played 48 games to Minnesota’s 50.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 5
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 63
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 11
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (69)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)