Feb 1, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
Tuesday was not an especially good day for the Minnesota Wild.
The Wild blew a three-goal, third period lead in spectacular fashion as Nashville scored four times in the final 11 minutes en route to a 5-4 loss.
Some postgame reactions from the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
“I’m in shock still,”
– Justin Faulk.
“If you’ve ever been punched in the stomach really hard, that’s pretty much what that one feels like,”
– Mike Yeo.
“There’s no way in 100 years we should have lost that game,”
– Josh Harding.
On a night where there were plenty of Wild players wearing goat horns, Harding donned them like a champ. Here’s Nashville’s game-winning tally, courtesy of Mike Fisher, who looks quite bemused for a guy that just capped an all-time comeback:
Harding spoke about the stinker following the game.
“Awful goal. Probably one of the worst I’ve given up in my life,” Harding said. “No excuses, no nothing. That one’s on me. Just inexcusable. I lost this one for the team.”
For a team desperate to stay in the playoff picture — the Wild are in eighth spot in the West with 55 points — the loss was a crushing blow. Minnesota is just one-point up on ninth-place Colorado and three up on Dallas, Calgary and Phoenix with the Stars having only played 48 games to Minnesota’s 50.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 66
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 32
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination