Feb 1, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
Tuesday was not an especially good day for the Minnesota Wild.
The Wild blew a three-goal, third period lead in spectacular fashion as Nashville scored four times in the final 11 minutes en route to a 5-4 loss.
Some postgame reactions from the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
“I’m in shock still,”
— Justin Faulk.
“If you’ve ever been punched in the stomach really hard, that’s pretty much what that one feels like,”
— Mike Yeo.
“There’s no way in 100 years we should have lost that game,”
— Josh Harding.
On a night where there were plenty of Wild players wearing goat horns, Harding donned them like a champ. Here’s Nashville’s game-winning tally, courtesy of Mike Fisher, who looks quite bemused for a guy that just capped an all-time comeback:
Harding spoke about the stinker following the game.
“Awful goal. Probably one of the worst I’ve given up in my life,” Harding said. “No excuses, no nothing. That one’s on me. Just inexcusable. I lost this one for the team.”
For a team desperate to stay in the playoff picture — the Wild are in eighth spot in the West with 55 points — the loss was a crushing blow. Minnesota is just one-point up on ninth-place Colorado and three up on Dallas, Calgary and Phoenix with the Stars having only played 48 games to Minnesota’s 50.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)