Feb 1, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
Tuesday was not an especially good day for the Minnesota Wild.
The Wild blew a three-goal, third period lead in spectacular fashion as Nashville scored four times in the final 11 minutes en route to a 5-4 loss.
Some postgame reactions from the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
“I’m in shock still,”
— Justin Faulk.
“If you’ve ever been punched in the stomach really hard, that’s pretty much what that one feels like,”
— Mike Yeo.
“There’s no way in 100 years we should have lost that game,”
— Josh Harding.
On a night where there were plenty of Wild players wearing goat horns, Harding donned them like a champ. Here’s Nashville’s game-winning tally, courtesy of Mike Fisher, who looks quite bemused for a guy that just capped an all-time comeback:
Harding spoke about the stinker following the game.
“Awful goal. Probably one of the worst I’ve given up in my life,” Harding said. “No excuses, no nothing. That one’s on me. Just inexcusable. I lost this one for the team.”
For a team desperate to stay in the playoff picture — the Wild are in eighth spot in the West with 55 points — the loss was a crushing blow. Minnesota is just one-point up on ninth-place Colorado and three up on Dallas, Calgary and Phoenix with the Stars having only played 48 games to Minnesota’s 50.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)