Feb 1, 2012, 1:12 PM EDT
Tuesday was not an especially good day for the Minnesota Wild.
The Wild blew a three-goal, third period lead in spectacular fashion as Nashville scored four times in the final 11 minutes en route to a 5-4 loss.
Some postgame reactions from the Minnesota Star-Tribune:
“I’m in shock still,”
— Justin Faulk.
“If you’ve ever been punched in the stomach really hard, that’s pretty much what that one feels like,”
— Mike Yeo.
“There’s no way in 100 years we should have lost that game,”
— Josh Harding.
On a night where there were plenty of Wild players wearing goat horns, Harding donned them like a champ. Here’s Nashville’s game-winning tally, courtesy of Mike Fisher, who looks quite bemused for a guy that just capped an all-time comeback:
Harding spoke about the stinker following the game.
“Awful goal. Probably one of the worst I’ve given up in my life,” Harding said. “No excuses, no nothing. That one’s on me. Just inexcusable. I lost this one for the team.”
For a team desperate to stay in the playoff picture — the Wild are in eighth spot in the West with 55 points — the loss was a crushing blow. Minnesota is just one-point up on ninth-place Colorado and three up on Dallas, Calgary and Phoenix with the Stars having only played 48 games to Minnesota’s 50.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)