Feb 1, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
We might have to give the Sabres and Canadiens lessons on how to properly talk trash.
The Canadiens are upset at Sabres forward Paul Gaustad for asking Habs forward Max Pacioretty, “Where’s Chara?” after Patrick Kaleta scored the empty net goal to give the Sabres a 3-1 win. Making reference to Pacioretty’s incident with Chara last season that gave him a concussion and broken vertebrae didn’t sit well with the Habs.
“He’s got a big mouth and he likes to run it,” Habs goalie Carey Price said of Gaustad. “What can you do? Can’t worry about what he’s got to say. He doesn’t do much out there.”
Not doing much out there was just what the Canadiens were trying to do when their bench tried getting under Gaustad’s skin as Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette found out.
The only thing that could make this better is if we got an overly sarcastic quote from Miller or had Sabres coach Lindy Ruff declare that it’s open season on everyone for really lame trash talk.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 18
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 52
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)