Feb 1, 2012, 8:09 AM EST
We might have to give the Sabres and Canadiens lessons on how to properly talk trash.
The Canadiens are upset at Sabres forward Paul Gaustad for asking Habs forward Max Pacioretty, “Where’s Chara?” after Patrick Kaleta scored the empty net goal to give the Sabres a 3-1 win. Making reference to Pacioretty’s incident with Chara last season that gave him a concussion and broken vertebrae didn’t sit well with the Habs.
“He’s got a big mouth and he likes to run it,” Habs goalie Carey Price said of Gaustad. “What can you do? Can’t worry about what he’s got to say. He doesn’t do much out there.”
Not doing much out there was just what the Canadiens were trying to do when their bench tried getting under Gaustad’s skin as Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette found out.
The only thing that could make this better is if we got an overly sarcastic quote from Miller or had Sabres coach Lindy Ruff declare that it’s open season on everyone for really lame trash talk.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)