Feb 1, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
We might have to give the Sabres and Canadiens lessons on how to properly talk trash.
The Canadiens are upset at Sabres forward Paul Gaustad for asking Habs forward Max Pacioretty, “Where’s Chara?” after Patrick Kaleta scored the empty net goal to give the Sabres a 3-1 win. Making reference to Pacioretty’s incident with Chara last season that gave him a concussion and broken vertebrae didn’t sit well with the Habs.
“He’s got a big mouth and he likes to run it,” Habs goalie Carey Price said of Gaustad. “What can you do? Can’t worry about what he’s got to say. He doesn’t do much out there.”
Not doing much out there was just what the Canadiens were trying to do when their bench tried getting under Gaustad’s skin as Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette found out.
The only thing that could make this better is if we got an overly sarcastic quote from Miller or had Sabres coach Lindy Ruff declare that it’s open season on everyone for really lame trash talk.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (43)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)