Feb 1, 2012, 8:09 AM EDT
We might have to give the Sabres and Canadiens lessons on how to properly talk trash.
The Canadiens are upset at Sabres forward Paul Gaustad for asking Habs forward Max Pacioretty, “Where’s Chara?” after Patrick Kaleta scored the empty net goal to give the Sabres a 3-1 win. Making reference to Pacioretty’s incident with Chara last season that gave him a concussion and broken vertebrae didn’t sit well with the Habs.
“He’s got a big mouth and he likes to run it,” Habs goalie Carey Price said of Gaustad. “What can you do? Can’t worry about what he’s got to say. He doesn’t do much out there.”
Not doing much out there was just what the Canadiens were trying to do when their bench tried getting under Gaustad’s skin as Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette found out.
The only thing that could make this better is if we got an overly sarcastic quote from Miller or had Sabres coach Lindy Ruff declare that it’s open season on everyone for really lame trash talk.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 13
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)